Title says it all.

I've been watching all sort of horror movies lately, and I have watched 2 Eli Roths films, Cabin Fever and Hostel. They we're most ridiculous and amusing horror movies I have ever seen. He always follows the same pattern:
1. Sex
2. Horror wich turns out to be naive and childis that the whole movie turns out to be a comedy.
3. Drama, some kids friends start to die and they show how he cries and confuses from everything.
4. Again ridiculous horror
5. Ending wich always most stupidest way you can imagine.

Anyone else in the pit agree me?
鋼の錬金術師
Eli Roth =/= a horror director. He has no grasp of suspense, and he fails to make you feel ANY sympathy for the plight of his ultimatly unlikable characters.
Dude, Hostel sucks monkeyballs. They're in Amsterdam and everybody there is talking German. What the ****.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by CrackAddict2000
Dude, Hostel sucks monkeyballs. They're in Amsterdam and everybody there is talking German. What the ****.

Germany isn't far away from Amsterdam, and they can take over Holland whenever they feel like it, declaration of neutrality or not.
i enjoyed hostel it isnt a film id look far into but i fealt the suspence and enjoyed it the film pleased me in the exact way i thought it would. i just dont think people should have high expectations for a film like that.
1972 Telecaster Custom (My Baby)
Quote by MightyAl
Germany isn't far away from Amsterdam, and they can take over Holland whenever they feel like it, declaration of neutrality or not.

Germany may be not far away but the day German is the most used language in Amsterdam I'm outta here. (even sooner I think)
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I actually enjoyed cabin fever, the hostel movies were crap though. If you really want a horrible horror director watch a Uwe Boll film. House of the dead, bloodrayne, alone in the dark, ect.
SG Commando

Epiphone G-400

Epiphone Valve Jr Combo
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunno. Those movies were crap, but then again, whoever wrote the Saw series probably deserves the accolade for the worst scriptwriters ever.

Quote by HelloDrJeckyl
If you really want a horrible horror director watch a Uwe Boll film. House of the dead, bloodrayne, alone in the dark, ect.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic...
Quote by CrackAddict2000
Germany may be not far away but the day German is the most used language in Amsterdam I'm outta here. (even sooner I think)

If you don't know either language, German does sound a bit like Dutch. Well, a bit like a Dutch person doing an impression of an angry Klingon speaking Dutch.
I've been warned from seeing hostel, so I never did see that one. However, I saw Cabin Fever once, and it was so damn awful it was amusing.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
What is this.....sarcasm? Some form of french toast?
Quote by TheFallen1328
I've been warned from seeing hostel, so I never did see that one. However, I saw Cabin Fever once, and it was so damn awful it was amusing.

watch hostel, it's funny movie if some of your friends say it's scary, they have no sense of scary films.
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Mazzakazza
Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Have you ever actually seen one of those movies? They're complete jokes. I'd peg Eli Roth way higher than Uwe Boll on the "director totem poll" we have going here.
Welcome to You're "Doom"!
Alan Smithee is the worst director ever, although he's really just any director too ashamed of the **** film he has made to put his real name on it.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Alan Smithee is the worst director ever, although he's really just any director too ashamed of the **** film he has made to put his real name on it.

*cough*M. Night Shennanigans*cough*
Welcome to You're "Doom"!
Quentin Tarantino FTW! (Yes, I realize he ****ed up on Death Proof

Eli Roth is horrible...
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Punkismygod
Title says it all.

I've been watching all sort of horror movies lately, and I have watched 2 Eli Roths films, Cabin Fever and Hostel. They we're most ridiculous and amusing horror movies I have ever seen. He always follows the same pattern:
1. Sex
2. Horror wich turns out to be naive and childis that the whole movie turns out to be a comedy.
3. Drama, some kids friends start to die and they show how he cries and confuses from everything.
4. Again ridiculous horror
5. Ending wich always most stupidest way you can imagine.

Anyone else in the pit agree me?

Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by CrackAddict2000

You do realise German and Dutch sound very similar?
ew eli roth.

he should be blacklisted from making movies, along with uwe boll.

although, the way uwe boll acts with his movies is a little more amusing. it's hard to believe THAT guy has a phd in german literature.
Sent from my iPad.
Anyone else laughed their asses watching hostel when that some guy burned face of the chinese girl, and the main actor cutted off her eye? if you cut an eye, there might come some sort of a liquid, but I can tell you that it isn't yellow and thick? wtf was it with that?
鋼の錬金術師
He would be, if Uwe Boll didn't exist.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I like Cabin Fever...

It's rather amusing. Especially when she is sitting in the tub shaving her legs. I lol'd.
Quote by DeSean
You do realise German and Dutch sound very similar?

Doesn't really sound THAT similar. Sure there are a lot of words that are similar but the accent is totally different. Then again I'm probably biased.
Tommy Brunswick = WORSE DIRECTOR EVER. Watch Mr. Jingles, its terrible, its like they had a 50 dollar budget or something.
User Rating: 1.6/10 (409 votes)
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
actually ... i remember this one movie called "the terror of tiny town." my history teacher told me about it. he said that MGM still had the midgets under contract for wizard of oz, and they didn't want them to just lay around. so they created this movie, which is a midget western.

EDIT: here's a link http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:129431
Sent from my iPad.
Uwe Boll.

/thread
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
At least cabin fever has the hottest chick in the history of cinema flashing her yoohoos. That has made it acceptable for me.

Uwe Boll is ridiculous.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
His movies are top quality compared to (as some said above) anything that the abomination of a director Uwe Boll lays his hands on.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by Daydream_Goo
No way man, the title for worst director for sure goes to Michael Bay or Uwe Boll

At least Michael Bay movies are fun.

I would say Uwe Boll can top Eli Roth for lack of quality, but there is one who makes them both look like Orson Welles: Harold P. Warren.

His is not a household name, and deservedly so. He is credited with (by which I mean "responsible for") Manos: The Hands of Fate. This film, a 1966 "movie" that was independently "filmed" by a fertilizer guy from Texas, gained infamy to fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 as the worst movie ever.

I was skeptical, thinking "Surely it can't be that bad," so I watched it. It is that bad. Even the MST3K writers, people who make a living by mocking terrible movies, were rendered speechless by the unintentional horror that is Manos: The Hands of Fate. I'd like to think that I'm an at least decent person, but I had to fantasize about doing horrible things to Harold P. Warren after Manos was over.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jun 22, 2008,