So I've gone out and sold/bought all the pedals I need, and I need some help rearranging my pedal board. I'm not a huge know-it-all when it comes to the whole pedalboard thing, so some layout help would be awesome!
Here are my pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
E-H Big Muff Pi
Boss OS-2
Homemade Fuzz Pedal
Boss RV-5
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
E-H LPB1
E-H Knockout
TubeScreamer TS808
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Boss CH-1

Thanks for the help guys!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Wow, you have a lot of distortion type boxes
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
The order doesn't really matter just as long as the Wah is accessible to your stronger foot, by the way why have you got so many distortion pedals?
I love my distortion.
I'm thinking wah should be near the end, along with the E-H Knockout, so I can adjust my end tone (since some tone might be lost through everything).
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
When you arrange pedals, the order is usually boost/compression, fuzz, wah, overdrive, distortion, modulation, delay, tremelo, reverb, amp. With a tuner in there somewhere.

If you put the LPB1(that's a boost pedal right?) and the knockout in front of the wah, then the homemade fuzz, the wah (so you can make a kind of fuzz wah if needed!!). Afterwords put the distortions in order from lowest gain to highest gain, then the chorus, delay, not sure what a few of those are, but here's some help!

About putting the boost at the end, if you boost the signal as soon as it exit's the guitar, then the tone will be greater as it enters each of the activated effects, thus making the whole circuit sound alot better, instead of making a bad one sound a little better... Also consider an effects bypass amp, because only like two of these are true bypass, so everytime you plug them in you lose tone anyway.

Peace...
Last edited by wannaberocker19 at Jun 22, 2008,
Wahs almost always go at the beginning

I would go Wah -> Distortion pedals -> Chorus -> Reverb -> Delay, but i might be wrong

Im not familiar with "E-H LPB1" & "E-H Knockout", so i dunno bout them
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
For future reference, the LPB1 is a linear power booster, a sort of microamp, whereas the knockout is a pedal that lets you adjust lows, mids and highs.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

a booster and an eq eh, hmm i cant remember where you are supposed to put them in your chain XD
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Here's what I think pedalboards should be arranged:
1. tuners - for unprocessed signal, giving correct tuning
2. filters -
3. compressors
4. overdrives/distortions
5. modulation
6. volume
7. reverb/delay
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

try delay or reverb in the fx loop, it tends to sound better

i prefer front ending wah or any kind of distortion
lol@u