Kindly guide me to the right forum or pre-existing thread and I'll move.
But...

My jack socket (Epi Explorer) is acting funny, it takes a bit of effort to yank it out, and it only connects properly when the jack is only half way into the socket. Its a tricky guitar to get at the socket with aswell... anything appreciated.
it's probably either the hot or ground wire is slightly loose. also, does the guitar have a stereo jack? if so, the first (negative) line may be pushed in a little., casuing it to be harder to insert and remove the cable. if it is a mono jack, check to make sure the hot line is not bent at a weird angle. that's what im suspecting..
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Last edited by THE Saint Jimmy at Jun 22, 2008,
The hot lug is probably bent back a little, so it doesn't touch the jack entirely. Unscrew the jack, and insert a cable. See if the hot lug makes a good contact with the cable or not.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
The hot lug is probably bent back a little, so it doesn't touch the jack entirely. Unscrew the jack, and insert a cable. See if the hot lug makes a good contact with the cable or not.

so basically, what i said?

and if this is the case, TS, simply bend the hot line forward to make better contact with the instrument cable.

and not a hot LUG, that is what you solder the hot wire to.

/bitchiness
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...