Here is what i need to figure out. I really want a good strat right now. I dont want a floyd rose, or even a floating bridge (i think...).
Heres my situation. I have a RG550 with a double locking already, so no more floyds for me.

I want a strat (22 frets) with a maple board. But the thing is, i want it scalloped. This throws out the yngwie strat, because its $1,500, and it has 21 frets. Dont tell me i only need 21, i need 22. Since there are like, no production models that have scalloped necks, i'm pretty much left to do a custom job. Since i would obviously be getting a new neck(wouldn't it be hard to get an existing neck scalloped, and then refinished?) i'm thinking it wouldnt be worth it to buy a complete guitar, and then throw the neck to the side, and then end up replacing the tuners, and electronics and stuff. And also, i really want a LSR roller nut too. This GREATLY limits my options, to basically warmoth. After i buy all of the parts and crap from warmoth, i'm looking at a 400 dollar tab. This really doesn't sound appealing to me, AT ALL, considering there is only 2 special things that i want, LSR and scalloped. So i was thinking that if i HAVE to get a warmoth neck (and probably give up my left kidney to pay for it) then i might as well just get an existing body off of evilbay. Perhaps mightymite, or an ameri strat sunburst body, and then buy myself some pickups, etc.

Would i be better off forgetting this idea, and just getting a regular strat, or perhaps seeking out a luthier and getting him to build this for me?
Gar.

I dont think that musikraft has an option of scalloped necks, and i think they're even more expensive than warmoth. Anyone know of anyplace else?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
getting your guitar built by a luthier would cost you a small fortune, id say try and get the parts off ebay and try the scalloping yourself, maybe even try to find a cheap ass pacifica neck for about twenty quid to practice on? at the end of the day if you dont wanna pay the price, your gonna have to scallop it yourself.
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
Quote by kill 'em pretty
getting your guitar built by a luthier would cost you a small fortune, id say try and get the parts off ebay and try the scalloping yourself, maybe even try to find a cheap ass pacifica neck for about twenty quid to practice on? at the end of the day if you dont wanna pay the price, your gonna have to scallop it yourself.

I dont have the tools to finish a neck though man. I wasn't talking about a whole guitar by a luthier, just a neck.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
moar help?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
as you have said you've limitted yourself to warmoth for the neck but warmoth necks will fit a standard fender so you could go about buying a standard fender strat and a warmoth neck. job done
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
as you have said you've limitted yourself to warmoth for the neck but warmoth necks will fit a standard fender so you could go about buying a standard fender strat and a warmoth neck. job done

uh...
thanks captain obvious.
But no.
what it means by standard fender, is any fender neck pocket that isnt custom/different.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Why not buy a normal strat and take it to your local shop to be scalloped and have the roller nut installed? Plug the numbers and find out which way is cheaper.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
^THAT
or if you decide to scallop it your self, here is a tutorial that could help.

edit: if you dont want to buy those tools you could rent them from Ace hardware or your local hardware store(if they let you)
Last edited by zimpy at Jun 24, 2008,
Quote by zimpy
^THAT
or if you decide to scallop it your self, here is a tutorial that could help.

edit: if you dont want to buy those tools you could rent them from Ace hardware or your local hardware store(if they let you)

I have seen that site before once. I just dont really have any experience with hand wood tools. I'm thinking then that i should get a cheap squier neck or something to practice on, and then do an actual neck that i would put on? I mean, If i can scallop it correctly, then i would think doing the woodwork for a LSR wouldn't be far off...other than me not knowing how to properly install a nut.
But whatever. Thats just my take on it.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer