I've recently been getting into playing faster stuff (Dream Theater, Satriani, Vai, etc) and I'd like to get a guitar to match that style a bit better. I've been researching some, and found that the Edge III is not very good and doesn't stay in tune, the ZR is good but there's no affordable guitars with 24 frets that come with a ZR.

I've looked at some Jacksons as well but these come with licensed floyd roses (are these better than the Edge III?)

So basically what guitars are out there with an original FR or good trem (ZR, Original Edge, ...) 24 frets, and a thin neck (no schecter I suppose), for a reasonable price. I'm aiming for about €500 but it's extendable up to 1000, but that'd cost me about everything I'll earn this summer and I'd like to keep some cash apart for other things.

I have no issues buying second hand.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
no guitar suggestions but the jackson lfr is consideered one of the better lfr from what ive heard and ive had no problem with mine.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Yes, every Jackson that I have had has had good floyds. Also, the tones were the best and the action was the best too. Damn, I'm going to find myself a Jackson now.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i dont know the price of my guitar in euros but just look up the a few jackson dinkys im sure you can find what ur looking for through that or try esp
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
If you are looking mainly at Jacksons, you can probably find a used one that fits you. As I recall their LFR is a direct swap for the OFR, so even if it is bad, it shouldn't be hard to replace. The Edge III is a bit different, but replacing it isn't really all that worthwhile because you can pretty easily get a used Ibanez with a better tremolo than buying a new guitar with an Edge III and then upgrading it.