Here's another one of those threads I can't believe aren't out there.... What does my favorite guitarist use for gear????

Question: Jack White is totally awesome, and rather eccentric... How does he pull off the intro and solo to Seven Nation Army, or the Icky Thump guitar solo???

Question: What does Jimmy Page use during solos like Whole Lotta Love and Heartbreaker to get the treble boost, specifically???
What do you mean how does he play Seven Nation Army it is a rather simple song?
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
I have no clue about Jimmy Page but Jack White I know uses a Big Muff Pi FUZZ pedal. Most people think the Big Muff Pi is distortion but it's actually not.
for jack white: a fuzz box and a harmonizer of some kind (not sure if it's on those 2 songs or not). for jimmy page: a treble booster.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Jimmy Page used a Crybaby Wah in the treble position with his guitar on both pickups I think.

Jack White I think used some kind of octive pedal.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Jack white has what would normally be an E string on a 6 string gutair, repalced with a bass E string when he plays it on his 6 string gutiar :P Thats why it sounds so deep, and its cheaper than lots of muffs together.

Icky thump guitar solo is probably a mix of the fuzz factroy electric stutter setting, and a roland synth pickup.
jack white uses the EH POG
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickup
Epi Les Paul SH-2/SH-11
Fender Blues Jr.

Fender Jazz Bass w/ Badass II Bridge & Custom Shop '69 Pickups
Fender P-Bass w/ Basslines 1/4lb. pickup
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Bassman 150
The solo to Seven Nation Army is just a slide solo. No crazy effects or anything.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'll answer it anyway, since no one seems to know.

Jack White's tone can be nailed with a Big Muff. He also uses the Whammy quite a lot. It's how he gets those sounds in the solos you specified, and much more. The intro to Seven nation army is actually is acoustic guitar being ran by the Whammy. It is not a bass. He also owns a EHX POG, not sure to do what, though.

Jimmy Page's trebly sound was the result of leaving a wah on, on the toe down position.
Quote by CanCan
I'll answer it anyway, since no one seems to know.

Jack White's tone can be nailed with a Big Muff. He also uses the Whammy quite a lot. It's how he gets those sounds in the solos you specified, and much more. The intro to Seven nation army is actually is acoustic guitar being ran by the Whammy. It is not a bass. He also owns a EHX POG, not sure to do what, though.

Jimmy Page's trebly sound was the result of leaving a wah on, on the toe down position.

the trebly sound was from a Dallas Rangemaster treble booster and a Telecaster or a Les Paul with split coils.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Anthony1991
Jack white has what would normally be an E string on a 6 string gutair, repalced with a bass E string when he plays it on his 6 string gutiar :P Thats why it sounds so deep, and its cheaper than lots of muffs together.

Icky thump guitar solo is probably a mix of the fuzz factroy electric stutter setting, and a roland synth pickup.

Really? I thought he just used an octave pedal?
I also thought that I read somewhere that he uses a ZVex Fuzz Factory, not a Big Muff.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
go to www.guitargeek.com it has all the famous people's setup

That site sucks.

Jack White uses a fuzz and an EHX POG which is a sort of an octave/harmonizer. Jimmy Page uses a wah in the treble position as someone said.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by RSX
Really? I thought he just used an octave pedal?
I also thought that I read somewhere that he uses a ZVex Fuzz Factory, not a Big Muff.

For those white stripes songs, Jack White used a EHX Big Muff Pi Distortion and a Digitech Whammy Pedal. The Seven Nation Army and the Icky Thump solos are done with the Whammy Pedal, not a slide. He's not that great of a slide player, and uses it sparingly. He used the POG on My Doorbell to emulate the piano sound. I think he uses it on White Orchid as well.

Most of his solos are blantant whammy rapage.
big muff and whammy for white stripes solos

page uses out of phase pickups for that trebly nasal tone
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Jimmy Page Gear - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889990&highlight=jimmy+page

The capella solo in Heartbreaker according to Page is nothing but the Les Paul into a Marshall. The rest of song he neglects to mention what was used but it's most likely the Telecaster into a Rickenbacker Transonic. No evidence of a treble booster.

Whole Lotta Love is most likely either a Vox Super Beatle or UL7120, Page says he thinks he used the Super Beatle. Both use a built in fuzz. The Super Beatle also has something called MRB - Mid Range Boost which can give off fixed wah tones, this is where some of the nasally tones on the album come from.
ok...i didnt see any completly right post so ill just say it...jack white uses a micro pog, big muff (also uses the fuzz factory sometimes)...for the 7 nation army intro he uses the POG and for the solo he uses a slide and the whammy pedal...i dont think the solo for icky thumb is a guitar, is some sort of keyboard with some weird effect
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)