so im going to be getting guild wars for my pc soon, and i want to know what is the cheapest, but most effective video card i should buy?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
whoops my bad dude

HDD: 37.2 GB
RAM: 1 GB
Sound: 16-bit
Video: Basic Integrated Chipset
Network: 3 MB DSL
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

I assume the motherboard is PCIe?

And you just want to play Guild Wars?
Intel or ATI? if Intel get 8800GT if your Motherboard is compatible.

If you have ATI, get intel
No need for an 8800 if you just want to play Guild Wars. Just get something cheap but decent.
Right now, the best value is the ATI Radeon 4850. It costs $200, but if you want something cheaper, just tell me a price and I will tell you what card is best for the price.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Right now, the best value is the ATI Radeon 4850. It costs $200, but if you want something cheaper, just tell me a price and I will tell you what card is best for the price.

i have $150 minus the cost of guild wars
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Quote by Guitarman015
i have $150 minus the cost of guild wars

i've got guild wars and it's not graphically demanding at all, you cud probably run it on a Geforce 5 tbh on medium settings.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
at my local shopping center, $29.82
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Yeah, but the 8800GS is close to the same price as a 8660GT or 8600GTS. And it's much cheaper than a 8800GT or higher.
thanks, but what if my main comp. part stores(circuit city, best buy)don't have that model?
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

It's gonna be $1313831 more expensive at circuit city and best buy. Newegg = epic win, just order it.
Quote by Masonpwiley
It's gonna be $1313831 more expensive at circuit city and best buy. Newegg = epic win, just order it.

^He's right, but not in the sense that you should get an 8800. Guild Wars will run on a stone age card. :p
If he wants to spend the amount he told us, that's the card he should get. It's only $80 after rebate.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by Gregoric
i've got guild wars and it's not graphically demanding at all, you cud probably run it on a Geforce 5 tbh on medium settings.

+912981294
i've had the same decision a while back. and when i found out my comp was too old to support anything more than 256mb i was depressed. so i just went and bout a 90$ 256 mb graphics card and guess what, guild wars worked perfectly on the highest settings, no lag nothing. and i only have 512 ram btw
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
+912981294
i've had the same decision a while back. and when i found out my comp was too old to support anything more than 256mb i was depressed. so i just went and bout a 90$ 256 mb graphics card and guess what, guild wars worked perfectly on the highest settings, no lag nothing. and i only have 512 ram btw

exactly, getting something like an 8800 or 8600 would be the biggest freakin waste of money EVER. He's trying to play Guild Wars, not Crysis.

Get yourself either a 128 or 256mb nVidia just make sure the GPU is a decent speed and you'll be absolutely fine.

and while you're at it, buy yourself the orange box
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Masonpwiley

im not one that orders online very often(paranoia about lost orders and whatnot)plus, i don't like the wait
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Quote by Guitarman015
im not one that orders online very often(paranoia about lost orders and whatnot)plus, i don't like the wait

Newegg is awesome. It takes like 3 days for you to get it. And they have amazing customer support. They are one of the most trusted online PC part stores. They won't screw you over.

Guild wars doesn't need that card, but it would be much more enjoyable with a good card.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Newegg is awesome. It takes like 3 days for you to get it. And they have amazing customer support. They are one of the most trusted online PC part stores. They won't screw you over.

what would you say is the most graphically demanding game that can be run with this hardware
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

What CPU do you have? If you have a good CPU, this card can probably play Crysis on medium to high settings.
Quote by Masonpwiley
What CPU do you have? If you have a good CPU, this card can probably play Crysis on medium to high settings.

intel pentium 4 2.0 Ghz
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Oh. That's gonna bottleneck the card because it's too slow. Get something else.

Your motherboard probably doesn't have a PCI-e slot if you have an old Pentium 4. Can you download this, go to the mainboard tab, and tell me what it says at the bottom under "Graphic Interface?"
Quote by Masonpwiley
Oh. That's gonna bottleneck the card because it's too slow. Get something else.

Your motherboard probably doesn't have a PCI-e slot if you have an old Pentium 4. Can you download this, go to the mainboard tab, and tell me what it says at the bottom under "Graphic Interface?"

uhh......nothing
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

Quote by Masonpwiley
You don't even have AGP if it shows nothing. You are gonna have to get a PCI card.

This one should work: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102533

awesome price! so just get a pci card?

hey i just went to "can i run this?" or whatever it's called, and i found that as long as i have a card with hardware t&l, it'll work
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.

That card is probably the best thing you are gonna get for PCI. Well, maybe not, but the anything better costs way too much.
Quote by Masonpwiley
That card is probably the best thing you are gonna get for PCI. Well, maybe not, but the anything better costs way too much.

oh cool, thanks dude!
Quote by AlecMag

Quote by LadyHellRaiser

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!

So awesome.