ok so i have a marshall zakk wylde microstack and i was wondering if anybody has any good settings for it
The 'take it back to the store and return it' setting works quite well.

If that doesn't work, just fiddle with the knobs until you find something usable.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
off
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The 'take it back to the store and return it' setting works quite well.

If that doesn't work, just fiddle with the knobs until you find something usable.

AHAHAHA i laughed very hard
Get the OD setting

Set gain at 0 and the volume and 0 and rock out.

My one friend uses that setting all the time, its a GREAT tone for that Marshall MG!!!

It works VERY well with emo music too!!!
Last edited by schecter ftw at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman
Now aren't you all cool for making fun of the guy? Yep, you aren't.

Sorry ts, I don't have any experience with that amp.

I think so.

Can you taste the smugness rolling off me?

Keep everything flat and boost the contour a little TS.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah unless you have helpful information don't bother giving the TS a hard time.

First and foremost, this would be something to ask about in the guitargear&accessories forum.

And second there's an ultimate settings thread there so try and look through those.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3036815

The MG's have a bad rep on here and for a reason so if your unhappy with the sound, the users here can give you a lot of helpful suggestions later on.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
you know you just bought a crap amp when you immediately ask people for good settings. zakk wylde is laughing at you, lying on top of a mountain of cash. and every time you buy that amp, he kills a kitten. every time you return it to the shop, he breaks a string. make him break a string, plz!!!

I find the MGs more usable with the gain up full and the contour down low so you have mids, and with little treble because that takes off some of the horrible fizzyness and the mids thicken the tone a little. if you have a mid control, keep it high. But i'm a sound engineer, and i couldn't get anything more than a semi-usable tone out of that thing, even though its my job to get half-decent sound out of crap gear people use.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
dont worry the amp is awesome

every clean sound on it is good

and for the CRUSHING overdrive just go buy a digitech df-7 distortion factory
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
Quote by Blompcube
you know you just bought a crap amp when you immediately ask people for good settings. zakk wylde is laughing at you, lying on top of a mountain of cash. and every time you buy that amp, he kills a kitten. every time you return it to the shop, he breaks a string. make him break a string, plz!!!

I find the MGs more usable with the gain up full and the contour down low so you have mids, and with little treble because that takes off some of the horrible fizzyness and the mids thicken the tone a little. if you have a mid control, keep it high. But i'm a sound engineer, and i couldn't get anything more than a semi-usable tone out of that thing, even though its my job to get half-decent sound out of crap gear people use.

He uses money for strings, it won't matter in the end.

I've heard the Zakk Mini Stack sound ok on youtube.com
Wasn't there just a 12 page thread like a month ago like this?

TS, you're gonna get flamed a lot, if someone can find that thread, show him.

Anyways, as stated, that amp series is generally viewed with a lot of hate on this thread. If you like it that's good though. I would check the ultimate settings list as already stated and really just mess with things on your own so as to try and find the sounds you like.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by JWD32792
Anyways, as stated, that amp series is generally viewed with a lot of hate on this forum. If you like it that's good though. I would check the ultimate settings list as already stated and really just mess with things on your own so as to try and find the sounds you like.

This.

Just wondering, how does that micro stack play, ive been looking at them on musicians friend, i mean i wouldnt buy one, but theyre intresting...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The 'take it back to the store and return it' setting works quite well

...I'd say that the right setting H4T3BR33D3R should try is 'Going to the store & actually buying a guitar/amp & then learning to play instead of just talking **** on a Forum is THE Setting for him, & if that ones not right, then the 'Go back to your Squier Affinity Strat or Yamaha Pacifica'

but in all honesty; I would Suggest:
Middle: 3/4 of the way up
Treble+Bass about 1/3 of way up
Gain 3/4 of the way up &
Volume to taste

....if you're playing a Strat or other AXE w/ Single Coil pickups you'll have a nice sound with an SRV flavor to it.
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Last edited by Mazz- at Jan 27, 2009,
I bet more then half of use haven't even played it..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
If it's good enough for ZW it's good enough for you too

Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120
Quote by Mazz-
...I'd say that the right setting H4T3BR33D3R should try is 'Going to the store & actually buying a guitar/amp & then learning to play instead of just talking **** on a Forum is THE Setting for him, & if that ones not right, then the 'Go back to your Squier Affinity Strat or Yamaha Pacifica'

but in all honesty; I would Suggest:
Middle: 3/4 of the way up
Treble+Bass about 1/3 of way up
Gain 3/4 of the way up &
Volume to taste

....if you're playing a Strat or other AXE w/ Single Coil pickups you'll have a nice sound with an SRV flavor to it.

H4T3BR33D3R is probaly a better guitar player then you'll be in your life ever
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz

+1
Quote by SquierLolz

Dimebag is (was) a much better player than HB but HBs tone is better.

His opinion can still suck even if he has good tone.

edit: Mazz, I liked my Pacifica...
Quote by SquierLolz

....ONLY AN ÅŠŞĤÖĿË who plays a Squier Fat Strat through a 1x8" Crate Combo amp in his ****ing Bedroom with "KoЯn" and "Slipknot" & ****ing Lincoln Park posters on his wall would say something like that about a comparison between two people that they've never met, YOU DON'T KNOW ME....So HOW THE **** COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT SOME D!ckless f---head who calls himself HAT3BR33D would be better then me?!?
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Mazz-
....ONLY AN ÅŠŞĤÖĿË who plays a Squier Fat Strat through a 1x8" Crate Combo amp in his ****ing Bedroom with "KoЯn" and "Slipknot" & ****ing Lincoln Park posters on his wall would say something like that about a comparison between two people that they've never met, YOU DON'T KNOW ME....So HOW THE **** COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT SOME D!ckless f---head who calls himself HAT3BR33D would be better then me?!?

keyword: probably

assumption based on that reply: Definitely. A truly good guitarist wouldn't get so worked up about someone saying someone else is better than they are without hearing either of them play. I don't see H4T3BR33D3R coming back and typing angry responses.

Btw, it's LINKIN Park. lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Mazz-

Calm down,this is the internet,no need to take everything so seriously.You're also accusing someone of doing something you did in an earlier post,and that sir,makes you a hypocrite.You don't know HAT3,or his skills,but you attacked him based on the assumption that he can't play anyway,all because of a comment he made about an amplifier series that catches more sh!t than a German prostitute.People fired back at you,and now you're throwing a fit and acting like an idiot.Also, DOES TYPING LIKE THIS IMPLY YELLING?!

Just let it go,deep breathes and so on.

Edit: I just noticed that the post that made you throw a fit is over 6 months old,way to flame a dead thread genius.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 27, 2009,
Quote by Mazz-

to me: the indication is that your profile says you have an original 1968 Telecaster, but going through your threads, you talk about a squier telecaster that you put a CBS style logo onto.

that doesn't necesarrily tell me that he's a better player, but, he's not a poser trying to pass a squier as a vintage fender.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Mazz-

i don't have a Crate korn linkin park or slipknot posters and
why would some dickless ****head named MAZZ bashing other people and being an elitist **** about squiers and bands be good enough too judge someone by his name?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by TheQuailman
^^Calm down man. Not worth it.

ok cool
i just hate elitist bastards
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
^ The duck,who's actually a Quail,who's in fact really a man,gives good advice.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

wat

but seriously let's stop bumpin an ancient topic
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
wat

but seriously let's stop bumpin an ancient topic

it was a cute way to say, "The Quailman was right"
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
it was a cute way to say, "The Quailman was right"

Indeed,and it failed miserably