There it is in the title. Basically I've come to you today to ask in your opinion, or in your experience, which is the better wah. I had the chance to try out the V847 but not the other so i have no means of comparaison. I'm looking for a wah with a real wide range, works well with distortion/fuzz. I've looked over the prices, not much difference but i have enough money so thats not an issue. Please Help!
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
What music do you play? The Vox is superior for classic rock and blues.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I own the vox pedal. and i think the crybaby sounds a little dead but thats just me. the vox is a allround pedal i use it to metall,rock,blues, funk everything.
Vox is much better suited for the Jimi/SRV tones.

Basically your clean to mid gain blues/rock/classic rock.

I agree with RooZ, the Dunlop was sorta dead sounded. It handled higher gain stuff much better, however.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The Vox can sound good with distortion, but they seem to be really picky. It sounds great using my amps distortion and pretty good with my TS808, but if I use my DS-2 or especially the muff it's not that great.
I haven't been able to run a Crybaby distorted, so I don't really know how it will react. I agree that they sound pretty dead, but the Hendrix and Dimebag wahs are exceptions. They're the only 2 Crybaby's I find overall great sounding.
Thanks for the help, i ended up getting the crybaby, despite your strong feelings for the vox, i just couldn't rock back and forth on the vox as i could with the vox, and the salesman was so ****ing annoying
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)