Just found this on Youtube, it's quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuItICZXyLE

From around 1985 onwards, a series of mysterious house fires were brought to the attention of the general public, following the discovery that in each case, the buildings and all their contents were completely destroyed apart from a painting - the "Crying Boy", which remained unscathed. In the years that followed, some 40-50 cases were recorded in which a house fire had destroyed everything except for the picture. It became known as the "Curse of the Crying Boy", and even made headline news at one point. The picture itself was a portrait painted by a Spanish artist of an orphan. It is said that his studio burnt to the ground, and the boy was later killed in a car crash. The picture is one of the first to be mass produced in the UK, there are several thousand of them in circulation, but the curse still appears to apply to all the copies. It is said that the curse will only effect someone if the owner of the painting becomes aware of it. Some psychics have claimed that the painting is Haunted by the spirit of the boy it depicts.
I'm printing it out, that shit's going on my wall.

On September 4, 1985, the British tabloid newspaper The Sun reported that a fireman from Yorkshire was claiming that undamaged copies of the painting were frequently found amidst the ruins of burned houses. He stated that no firefighter would allow a copy of the painting into his own house. Over the next few months, The Sun and other tabloids ran several articles on house fires suffered by people who had owned the painting.

Last edited by filthandfury at Jun 22, 2008,
****! I have that in my basement!

EDIT: thanks kinda creepy that I posted this at exactly 3:33...
Last edited by Ssargentslayer at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by Ssargentslayer

lol u gonna die
Why the hell would anyone put that picture in their house?

It's a weird thing to put in your house in the first place.
The.
Reminds me of The Sims with the 'happy clown' painting, you know, if you put it in your house this clown would turn up and be all depressed
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

im guessing you found this in the 'scariest picture on the internet' thread
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I'm buying one and putting it in someone'shouse I hate.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
"The Creepiest Picture in the Internet."

Credibility FAIL!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I have to admit, the picture itself unsettles me.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by Ssargentslayer

You need to wrap the painting around you so in the event of a fire it's cursey rays protect you. I'm too scared to look in case I have the picture in this house. :O
Every house that burns down has that painting, because every house in the 80s had that painting. That's like:

We're linking it to sinks! Every house that burned down had a sink!
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
Quote by TheFishMan92
Every house that burns down has that painting, because every house in the 80s had that painting. That's like:

But the painting was the only thing that didn't burn.
It was a plant
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
Quote by TheFishMan92

Ricky Gervais podcast much?
This is an urban legend that there are many different versions of, therre is one version where the owner of it would become depressed and then kill themself. Another version is that the painting starts to cry for real(water dripping from the boys eyes). So it´s really just an urban legend.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Its so simple, a crazy person burned down houses then put the painting in afterwards. Its the only logical explanation ....after reading the story it really sounds like it could have the same chance me having it right
the above discussion reminds me how that terrorist guy's passport was the only thing they found in the rubble of 9/11
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by filthandfury
I'm printing it out, that shit's going on my wall.

That made me lol so much. Thankyou.
Quote by Gord@k
This is an urban legend that there are many different versions of, therre is one version where the owner of it would become depressed and then kill themself. Another version is that the painting starts to cry for real(water dripping from the boys eyes). So it´s really just an urban legend.

Yeah, I suppose.