I always ned ot get new pairs of earbuds. They always end up crackling/fuzzing. When I move the jack around it fuzz's and crackles. I take care of them, but somehow im doing something wrong.

I usualy keep them plugged into my ipod when its turned off. should I stop doing that?
Your inputjack might be broken.

And you should make sure you don't make 'sharp corners' in your cable, especially in the beginning and end of the cable.
Keepin it plugged in isnt bad at all for it, not from what ive seen. What earbuds do you own?
You probably play music too loudly through them for extended periods.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
instead of repeatedly buying $10 earbuds just go buy a pair of REALLY GOOD earbuds. i got a bose one for a present and ive had it for 3 years and its still great
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
When you wrap the cord up, unplug it first. That used to happen to me too.
you're probably either wrecking the wires by bending/twisting the cable, or blowing the speakers by playing your music too loudly.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by minixmin
instead of repeatedly buying $10 earbuds just go buy a pair of REALLY GOOD earbuds. i got a bose one for a present and ive had it for 3 years and its still great

I've been thinking about asking for some Skull Candy headphones for Christmas this year, the ones I'm drooling over are about fifty dollars...anyone know if they're a good brand to pay that much for?
Skull Candy are incredible, especially the price! I personally have myself a pair of Bose, and they are THE best earphones I've owned. Plus, I got them for free at a walk for Autism!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
so you go buy more duh.
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Personally I hate earbuds, they hurt my ears and are extremely uncomfortable. My bro has the same problems, then again, he always manages to crush one of them somehow anyway. He always buys new ones, including $50 pair that he bought a couple of weeks ago and are now useless because of the input jack at the end.

Apparently they are too cheap to really be using. I have a $20 pair that go behind my head and I have had them for 2 years with no problems. I would have had another pair longer if my ****ing cat hadn't chewed the damn wire in half one night...
bose headphones are sick, I know a guy with like a 300$ pair of Bose headphones so he can enjoy his music

I wore them and they sound incredible, noise canceling and everything
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
My 99 dollar Bose Earbuds which I got for free don't do that.
██████████████████████████████
Wiggle the cord near the lack if it goes fuzzy then its that or if the headphones are always fuzzy buy better ones
Last edited by hb15577 at Jun 22, 2008,
its the jack, not the headphones. i had the same problem with my old mp3. are you wrapping the chord around the player when its not in use, and leaving it plugged in? if so, its tugging on the input jack and loosening it.