That is the 43rd Gibson Les Paul Dewgong manufactured in the Gibson USA factory on the 34th April 2009.

You're Welcome.

In other words, you're asking a silly question.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by 100%guitarmad
We will probably need a picture of the headstock or something

its not mine, dont have any other pics. lookin for the guy who owns it. not certain where i found the picture or any details about it but i think its an Epi Elitist plain top tho not sure.

hence why im asking

cause if thats an Elitist, and thats the right color for the vintage sunburst, minus being a plain top, im getting one... handsdown

thanks
Last edited by nauc at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by timi_hendrix
That is the 43rd Gibson Les Paul Dewgong manufactured in the Gibson USA factory on the 34th April 2009.

You're Welcome.

In other words, you're asking a silly question.

hahaha dewgong.
Stupid pokemon
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Looks like a Gibson LP Classic to me.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Looks like a Gibson LP Classic to me.

Yeah. The aged inlays and pickguard would be a Les Paul classic.

It could be a Les Paul Traditional if they make a plain top.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by nauc
its not mine, dont have any other pics. lookin for the guy who owns it. not certain where i found the picture or any details about it but i think its an Epi Elitist plain top tho not sure.

hence why im asking

cause if thats an Elitist, and thats the right color for the vintage sunburst, minus being a plain top, im getting one... handsdown

thanks
It can't be an Elitist because they've never made a plain top Standard in the Elitist range.

I would say that's either a Gibson Les Paul Classic or an Epiphone Les Paul Plain Top. It could easily be either (of course there's quite a lot of difference between the two in trms of spec and quality... just not in looks!)
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
looks like a gibby tabbaco burst
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by MrFlibble
It can't be an Elitist because they've never made a plain top Standard in the Elitist range.

I would say that's either a Gibson Les Paul Classic or an Epiphone Les Paul Plain Top. It could easily be either (of course there's quite a lot of difference between the two in trms of spec and quality... just not in looks!)

look on page 11

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/elitistcatalog.pdf
looks like an R8 to me if everything's stock. The bridge looks more like a ABR-1 than a nashville. Also looks like it has that nasty VOS treatment on the hardware.
Might be a Epiphone Standard Plus for all I know... No headstock makes the identification difficult.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Unless a bunch of work has been done on it, it's not a modern epiphone. I'm not gonna detail every little thing out, but the bridge looks like an ABR-1, epi bridges that I've seen have slotted screw heads on the top of the bridge posts. Look at the binding, closely. Epi does not do binding like that, even on their elitist models. That case is a Gibson custom shop case. It didn't necessarily come with the guitar but I can't see why someone would buy one separately, they're kinda weak. I stand by my guess that it's an R8 VOS (Gibson custom Shop 1958 Reissue Vintage Original Spec) if everything in the photo is stock.
Judging by the case colour, it looks like a Gibson Custom Shop model, probably a VOS reissue of some sought.
Quote by Hydra26
looks like an R8 to me if everything's stock. The bridge looks more like a ABR-1 than a nashville. Also looks like it has that nasty VOS treatment on the hardware.

that's what i thought too, a 1958 VOS plain top.
Quote by nauc
It never got made to production, actually. Same with the Elitist Studio and almost all their SG models. They planned out tons of them, but only the Standard Plus, Goldtop and Custom have ever actually been produced. I suppose somebody could still order a Plain Top Elitist from the Epi Custom Shop, but it's rare they do anything for anyone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
it can be anything. just because it has a pick guard doesn't mean it has to be a classic. standard and custom also has the option of pick guard. and the possibility of being a gibson is less since all these other les paul copies looks almost the same
Mine. Send it to me. Pm me for my address.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Yeah that's definitely not an Epi finish. A Classic would have open poled pickups (not that means much). I think VOS 58 is the way to go.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet

His.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)