Alright, I posed this idea (which can be found in my previous thread) and got a good response.

The result? My first trial run. I will do some re-reads and possible revisions later, but check my blog (the current link in my sig is not a link to the blog I am referring to).

I've tried to make it as easy read as possible, and will try to make it easier another time. All details on my next blog is also in it.

I saw some comments in the last thread about this might being an attempt for me to look intelligent. In reality, it's not. My intention is to cover important ideas and concepts in philosophy to try and get more people interested in the subject. I've kept the article completely neutral and I want to keep it that way.

Any questions, let me know. Otherwise, I'm looking for feedback to help me out

Here it is;

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Craigo/blog/34176/

Enjoy.

EDIT: Changed link. Cheers guys!
Last edited by Craigo at Jun 22, 2008,
I got two kudos already, cheers guys!

How is it reading for you guys anyway? I was planning on writing criticisms, but I decided to keep it short and sweet and leave those for another time.
I think you should leave out the criticism until you've got everything covered in more detail. As good as that was (and yes that was really damn good), it was just a starting point.

It was an easy read for me, but I knew the theories before, so my opinion is not something to judge your blog by.

Once again, thumbs up for you Craigo.
Liking it and waiting for more.

edit: I'm a noob for these things, and I'm liking it a lot.
Quote by TheQuailman
I think you should leave out the criticism until you've got everything covered in more detail. As good as that was (and yes that was really damn good), it was just a starting point.

It was an easy read for me, but I knew the theories before, so my opinion is not something to judge your blog by.

That's what I did

However, criticising is an important starting point as well, and that'll be the next blog. I wanted it a quick read as well, rather than over loading too much, but I think I also got a lot of detail in as well.

EDIT: I called rationalism gay and made sure it was out of context of the information, surely that's not criticism, just slagging off lightly
Quote by DrOcan
Liking it and waiting for more.

edit: I'm a noob for these things, and I'm liking it a lot.

Awesome, I'm really glad to hear that.

Being taught it in a classroom, discussing and arguing and joking is so much fun, but I wasn't sure if the wordiness of it might put people off.
I will read it when I have the time for it. I really am interested in it , I'm just in a bit of a hectic period at the moment and need to focus on some other things right now.
Quote by Jehuty
I will read it when I have the time for it. I really am interested in it , I'm just in a bit of a hectic period at the moment and need to focus on some other things right now.

I shall comment you to remind you
yeah, i just read it, and having no prior exposure to philosphy, found it awesome! do some more!
Quote by gnomieowns
yeah, i just read it, and having no prior exposure to philosphy, found it awesome! do some more!

I'm really glad to hear it

I will be doing more. I won't have time to go around telling everyone about my new blogs, so add me as a friend or subscribe.

I will be doing some on demand. Nice to see comments in my blog I shall be giving my input directly after neutrally analysing ideas, which you should see in the next blog.

EDIT: I know some people who have had exposure to philosophy will not find these too interesting as you probably know my blog inside out, however, this first one was a trial run. I'll try to expose new ideas for philosophy adequates once I outline some more Philosophy for those who want to get into it, because that's who I'm writing for.
Honestly, if you want to make a "blog" (which, by the way, is probably the stupidest word in existence) that means you want people to read it. If not, you'd have written a word document or something. So why not make this "blog" at a place like WordPress or something? They even list your stuff on Google, for free. UG, a place composed of teens with far too much egotesticle about them, is hardly the place.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Honestly, if you want to make a "blog" (which, by the way, is probably the stupidest word in existence) that means you want people to read it. If not, you'd have written a word document or something. So why not make this "blog" at a place like WordPress or something? They even list your stuff on Google, for free. UG, a place composed of teens with far too much egotesticle about them, is hardly the place.

You'd be surprised, the pit does his intellects, or intellects who are hiding.

Every good essay as intent. My intent with this is to produce easy to read Philosophy to A. Get people more interested in the subject and B. To get more people talking about it on UG.

Whilst B is probably not going to happen, I'd be thrilled if I achieve A.
You'd be surprised there aren't. (There probably are a bunch of people thinking they are, though.) I don't think you're going to manage either, but it's your time.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
You'd be surprised there aren't. (There probably are a bunch of people thinking they are, though.) I don't think you're going to manage either, but it's your time.

UG has more intellectuals than you know, you just don't know it.

I can name plenty of them by username on the spot.