How long do frets normally last until they need to be replaced. I'm not worried about it yet, but if I play for 2-4 hours a day, how long will it be until I need to replace my frets.
Secondly, how would I go about doing that?

Much appreciated
depends on what you play, if you are playing the chords to "what i got" by sublime over and over again they'll last you a long time but if you busting crazy ass riffs and solos then they'll go much faster

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
depends on what you play, if you are playing the chords to "what i got" by sublime over and over again they'll last you a long time but if you busting crazy ass riffs and solos then they'll go much faster

Somewhere in between?
Quote by JohnnyBeep
A better way to approach this would be to have people post...

style normally played
guitar make/model
new or used
how long before fret wear was noticed
what frets and severity

EDIT: Typo

Rock/Metal
Gibson SG Special
New
Not yet (which is why I'm not worried)
No clue
Depends on the quality of the fret wire. A MIA fender or gibson guitar with good quality frets will last a long time. A cheap asian guitar with the soft metal they use wont last long. It also depends on your playing style if you use alot of finger pressure on a cheap guitar they will wear down pretty quick. If you got a light touch they will last longer. You can usually get 2 recrowns out of a set of frets before they need to be replaced. And a refret is gonna be 200 bucks minimum.
Gibson uses a fairly nice fret wire in their guitars from what I understand, assuming yours is a Gibson SG Special? I'm not sure about Epiphone.

Either way though fret wear isn't something to really worry about unless you bought a vintage guitar from the 60's that was played everyday. It's kinda like worrying about alzheimers (sp?) when your starting your freshman year.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]