I couldnt find any other forum for this question, so I will ask the Pit. Whats a decent vocal microphone in the 50-100 dollar range that allows for the best gain before feedback??
The industry standard vocal microphone for live sound is the Shure SM 58. It's about $100. Shure also makes a cheaper version called the PG 58.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
The industry standard vocal microphone for live sound is the Shure SM 58. It's about $100. Shure also makes a cheaper version called the PG 58.

The place my band rehearses at uses them sometimes, and tbh it's worth the extra money, they seem a lot more reliable too.
Reducing feedback:

Don't use a condensor. Use dynamic. Like a 58.

Placement of the mic!! Goal is to not let the speakers send signal into the mic. Position the mics away from speakers.

Also consider the polar pattern. The Sennheiser e945 mics are very unidirectional (and about the same price as the Shures), meaning they will not pick up stuff hardly at all from around the mic - just what is directly in front of it. Careful, though, because this can have disadvantages too.

A more powerful PA will be more forgiving.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Also make sure you are not cupping the microphone or holding the windscreen in any way, this obscures the directional patter of the mic and greatly increases feedback.
And keep the microphone away from the speakers (another way to phrase it: keep speakers ahead of you).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101