I've been saving up my money to buy a drum set, because my brother is a total dick about letting me play his. A friend of mine was selling his set. It's brand name is Mercury, and he's selling it with a Pearl snare, and Paiste cymbals. He wants to $150 for the whole thing, but I googled Mercury Drums, and nothing has come up. Should I go to his place and check it out and maybe get him to lower the price a bit? Or should I just continue to save up for my something more pricey and better?
Its probably worth it for the cymbals and snare
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
Same up for more if you're serious about playing. If you just want to mess around, use your friends I suppose.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by dRummeR94
Its probably worth it for the cymbals and snare

+1

$150 doesnt even cover the cost of the snare and the cymbals if you were to buy it new
Yeah Pearl and Paiste are great brands so go for it, if not just for the snare and cymbals
ohai little sig.
Quote by wablahblahblah
do it.
$150 is about a quarter of the price of the pearl snare
(exageration but still!)

Actually my drummer's Pearl snare cost him £400 / $800 so...
ohai little sig.
Having played numerous non-brand kits I would definately recommend waiting a little while and splashing out on something by one of the more serious kit manufacturers. My first kit was a Premier (Olympic I think but I am not 100%) and although definately a starter kit it was far better than any of the small brand kits I have played and heard.

That said $150 for kit with brand-name cymbals (most starter kits come with awful unbranded cymbals) and hardware is very cheap, so if all you want is the functionality of having a drumkit to play and don't mind too much about sound quality then go for it.

If you do want to buy from your friend I would definately say to play it before you buy it, if only to assure it's not damaged in any way.
Quote by Demonikk
Actually my drummer's Pearl snare cost him £400 / $800 so...

sorry i was just making a statement
but damn it's still a good deal, even if my exaggerations are off!
YEAH
low-end Pearl snare is about $100 here
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
I would buy it just for the cymbals and snare, use it for a bit whilst saving up for a better kit, but keep the snare and cymbals.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by wablahblahblah
sorry i was just making a statement
but damn it's still a good deal, even if my exaggerations are off!

They werent off that was the point!
I've been here since '04.