I'm looking at this beautiful Edwards guitar with a neck-thru and a Floyd Rose tremolo.
Now there has been a lots of discussions on how floating bridge kills sustain and how neck-thru gives better sustains than normal neck. Would these cancel out each other or the extra sustains from this type neck won't be enough to compensate for the bridge?

It's basically a exact guitar as my current hard tail ESP LTD MH-1000. If it's worth switching I will do it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I'd go for it, purely out of playability and being neck-thru adds a lot of sustain
ohai little sig.
It's true. I just got a Jackson SL3 that's the same deal, and its sustain's much better than all of the bolt- on guitars with floyds I've tried. It doesn't have as much sustain as my Les Paul, but it's comparable.
I was a little concern about the balance between them will mess up the sustain balance of the guitar. There should be some tonal different with this kind of setup, or is it?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Floyds do not rob sustain.

Neck throughs do not sustain 'better' or worse. Just differently.

I had a bolt on Basswood axe with licenced Floyd which sustained a hell of a lot better than my neck through with OFR Kramer Stagemaster.
Quote by Pott
Floyds do not rob sustain.

Neck throughs do not sustain 'better' or worse. Just differently.

I had a bolt on Basswood axe with licenced Floyd which sustained a hell of a lot better than my neck through with OFR Kramer Stagemaster.

lol

If you mean differently as in 'it sustains better', then yes, +1
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The difference in sustain between different neck joints is minimal and barely noticeable, if at all.

A floyd will always have less sustain than a fixed bridge because it can move. That means some picking energy is wasted moving the bridge when it could have been vibrating the strings. However, it's easily compensated for with your amp.

So yes, floyds have less sustain than fixed bridges but its' nothing you can't deal with.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
My necktrhough OFR guitar (on my sig) gets more sustain than any of my bolt ons, including the fixed bridge guitars. If your neckthrough is mahogany or a good sustaining wood the results should be the same.
if you think you'll use a floyd, it's worth it (assuming it's a good floyd). very slightly more sustain won't be much consolation if you need to do a dive bomb followed by some over-the-top horsey noises...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?