Ok, i'm in a relatively new band so I was wondering what equipement will we need at practice for the vocals to be a good level with the guitars, bass, drums, ect. and what equipement will we need for shows. All of us have been in bands before so we're hoping to get our stuff together rather quickly, we already have songs written.

So the main question is a list of equipement we will need, for example: P.A system, ect. and if possible give a link to somewhere online to buy it, thanks tons guys
gunna need a PA thats gunna be loud enough. dont cheap out and buy a crappy one. if you could arrange micing your bass drum pedal and perhaps the rest of the drum kit it would add a more professional feel to your sound aswell
(signature removed, please choose another)
thanks man, any P.A's you would recomend? and i notice there are floor monitors and regular speakers for P.A's which should i get?
You need to buy a PA system. Also make sure the guitarists amps are loud enough to be heard over drums.
PA system with mics and a mixer for practicing, Guitar amps with a least 50 watts of tube power or 100 watts solid state power and a bass amp with a minimum of 150 watts.
i dont know Pa brands or anything about them except im waiting for my bands 600 watt pa with two big ****in moniters to come in anyday now . just dont go get something that isnt going to be loud enough. if you could list your amps/guitars/basses then you may also get a better list of **** you need too man
thanks everyone, also, what should i be looking for in a P.A system in terms of floor monitors, ect?
look into Yamaha and Mackie P.A. systems...they have some nice ones out there.
and same with monitors. my band uses JBL and Mackies and theyre pretty nice
oh and having a snake with alot of open inputs would be useful.
you might need to mic the drums and amps if you need to get loud. unless you use the line out on the amps then all you need to do is mic the drums.
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by minixmin
look into Yamaha and Mackie P.A. systems...they have some nice ones out there.
and same with monitors. my band uses JBL and Mackies and theyre pretty nice
oh and having a snake with alot of open inputs would be useful.
you might need to mic the drums and amps if you need to get loud. unless you use the line out on the amps then all you need to do is mic the drums.

explain please?

and also, what is the difference between P.A systems with floor monitors and the systems with like speakers?
some amps have a feature which allows you to use the preamp of the amp to go through the PA. sorry im bad at explaining
but basically instead of using the amp speakers, you use the PA speakers.

well...floor monitors are on the floor and are used so the band can hear themselves, while speakers are for the audience
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
well floor monitors arent required...but its good to have them. for one of my gigs we had a show for about 400-500 people so we needed to get LOUD. we mic-ed about the drums, amps, and even the bass amp. the problem with that was that our drummer couldnt hear the other band members at all. the solution...was to get monitors. hope this helps
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
well how loud are you going to be? like what size gigs?
and if you can try and save more money to buy the PA and speakers seperatly.
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
not massive shows, just some small local stuff. and what part is considered the P.A itself?
i guess what you chose has enough wattage.
the PA is the bulky part with the knobs and controls
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
no prob man. glad to help
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
200 watts may not be enough. my band had a 200 watt and it got over everyone but left a bit of feedback and wasent quite enough
probably a bigger show than we will be playing though, we might go with a bit bigger, but 200 should cover it for us. For the summer it will be just practice anyway, and by the end of summer i'll have a job and buy bigger speakers if necesary
it doesnt matter how big the speakers are.... if your pa is only 200 watts of power then even if you have 800 watt speakers... ur only gonna get 200 watts of power... i think
Quote by jimmy_neutron
it doesnt matter how big the speakers are.... if your pa is only 200 watts of power then even if you have 800 watt speakers... ur only gonna get 200 watts of power... i think

Yeah, basicaly.
Ohmage or resistance is more important, well... sort of, you definately need as much wattage on your speakers as you have on your amps or you run the risk of blowing them, but to get the best out of your speakers, you also need to make sure the ohmage matches too.

If you are wiring up several speakers together, you can either wire them up in series or in parallel. Whichever way you do it determins

Here's a web page that covers it pretty well.
http://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html