I'm starting to realize that I'm not using this amp at its full potential. The loudest I've ever brought it up to is 2 - 3.

So I was thinking of getting a Blackheart 5watt and a Badmonkey OD with it.

Would I be able to get the same (or at least close) to the same classic rock tone as the classic 30 on a blackheart?

I usually keep my classic 30's pre gain at 4 - 5.

It kills me to have to give it back, but the only reason I am is because I don't think I will ever gig, and I don't want my parents to pay so much for something I don't use at it's full potential.

If I get the blackheart, they won't have to pay a dime.

What bothers me though is that wont the blackheart be loud at 1o clock position?
Cause that's where I hear it start to sound really good.
Chances are, the 5w valve amp will still be too loud for bedroom levels if you want that "cranked" tone.

My advice:

1. Keep the Peavey and join a band.
2. Keep the Peavey and save up for an attenuator
3. Keep the Peavey and buy a boost pedal.
4. Keep the Peavey and just deal with the tone, it's not that bad at low volumes is it?
The Blackheart won't sound as good as the peavey, frankly. IMO they're overhyped.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^
hmm well if the BH is going to be too loud to get it to have a nice cranked sound, then I just might as well staywith the peavey.

Thanks anyways
Stick with the peavey if you're satisfied with the way it sounds. No reason to downgrade just because you don't use it to it's full potential. An attenuator is always a solid investment though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
well you could always trade it in and get something bettor like a deluxe reverb its lower wattage so it will break up faster and also its just an amazing amp.
Keep the Peavey
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Trade it in for a Marshall MG + Boss Metal Zone + EMGs. Total br00talz, you'll sound just like Zakk Wylde. I know you'll love it like I do.

Make it thunder.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Sonicxlover at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover
Trade it in for a Marshall MG + Boss Metal Zone + EMGs. Total br00talz, you'll sound just like Zakk Wylde. I know you'll love it like I do.

Make it thunder.

I guess that was supposed to be a joke so you can bump your total posts.

Ha! ha ha haha ha haa haha ha

Keep the Peavey and don't let SlashRocks read this.
Get pedals for the tone you like. I have a C30. I run it on the clean channel and get all my tones from my pedals. English Muffin, Jekyll & Hyde, Big Muff, and a Nady TD-1. The J&H is great. It even placed my Rat.
^ Good call, I have the a peavey triple XXX 212 120watt all tube combo, I'm in a band and gig with it weekly but never have the mater volume turned up past 9:00. Its really no big deal to have more power then you need, and really I like to think of it as a blessing, yeah I cannot get power tube break up with my amp at a reasonable level, but there will never be a situation where I wont have enough power to hear my self, and if I cannot hear my amp at full volume then my ear drums probably won't last through the show unprotected. The C30 will be great if you ever do get in a band, and also its not so big thats its impratical to use it at home.