I have a Les Paul Studio and recently I decided that I wanted to kinda spice it up. On the headstock it has "Les Paul" written in cursive. Well I thought it would be cool to replace that with an inlay.

Preferably with one I found in the other Gibsons like:

Is it possible? And what's a generic price I should expect?
Well its only the truss rod cover that is inlayed with 'les paul' so you'd only need to get a new one of them with your custom inlay.

It depends what you want, they're is a lot of custom truss rod covers available so you might be able to find what you want already out there.

If you want a luthier to make you one it might get pricey.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Hes talking about the actual headstock buddy. Not the truss rod cover. See the inlay under "Gibson"? that s what he means.
oh he wants to replace the inlay on his guitar that reads 'les paul' with the diamondy design?

Am I reading it write now? lol

/face palm

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Yeah the inlay work can do that. Unless you'd like to buy a blank Gibson headstock veneer, cut out whatever you want, and then put in the material and stick the veneer on after you've taken the original veneer off.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-SG-Headstock-Overlay-Veneer_W0QQitemZ130232557970QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Something like that? Cut it out however you want, glue the inlay in, then glue the headstock overlay on. At least that's what I would figure you could do. A new headstock overlay/veneer goes for about $75-100 bucks on eBay it seems, from researching. They have a few used ones on there you can score for probably $20. Hope this helps.