I have a fender starcaster strat(yes I know its a cheap guitar) and I'm trying to get the bridge to stay in between the foward position and the back position. That way I can raise and lower the pitch of notes. I'm thinking of removing one of the springs and getting a thicker gauge of strings, I'm currently using 9-42, but I'm not sure if this will work.
Last edited by backlash92 at Jun 22, 2008,
Im not entirely sure, but i dont think that Fender has floating bridges on those guitars. last time i checked, they were Vintage Style Trems. Those wont float like real Floating bridges.
really why not? I can't see any differences between them and I mean how it functions.
Those guitars are just like fender stratocasters (well i think they are a cheaper fender stratocaster) but, you can always take it to your local guitar store and they can help you out with that, that's what they did with my fender's strat bridge.

so what do you think about your fender starcaster strat? i mean, does it play good for a cheap guitar?
Well it does what its supposed to do. It's built pretty solid, I only have a problem with the tone. All three pickups sound basically the same, except for a slight change in treble. I can't take it to the local guitar store, the only store we have here is Buddy's crappy music store. He doesn't work on guitars, only his son, and hes never their. I'm thinking that they're sponsored by peavy, because thats the only guitar brand they sell, and they sell them about 100 dollars more than they are worth. So I either have to do it myself or drive 2 hours the the nearest guitar center.
You should NOT float that bridge. It's really not designed for it to begin. Next, it's going to be very hard to keep in tune, especially on a (no offense) cheaper guitar like that.
Last edited by CJRocker at Jun 22, 2008,
You're guitar will not stay in tune nearly as long if you float the bridge. I used to have the bridge on my Strat floating, and it wasn't worth it compared to the tuning problems.