So it's that special time in life to start looking at colleges.

I have decided that music MUST be involved in my future career somehow.

I was thinking music business, perhaps?

My main thing is that someday I would love to own my own little music shop.

What classes/programs should I be looking into and does anyone know of any good universities that have good music business programs?

THANKS!
Well where do you live? As far as classes and programs, Id probably say something along the lines of business management and such.

WHICH btw is what im taking and I plan on going to UCF (Univeristy of Central Florida) in Orlando, Florida.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Well where do you live? As far as classes and programs, Id probably say something along the lines of business management and such.

WHICH btw is what im taking and I plan on going to UCF (Univeristy of Central Florida) in Orlando, Florida.

Cincinnati, Ohio.
I dunno about music business as an actual program, but you could always have a dual-major.

I'd say take some business classes (the reqs. + maybe small business finance or somthing similier), then some general music classes like theory and composition and the like.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Belmont University has an amazing program for Music Business. It is tailored to just the music business and not a general business degree, which may or may not be good depending on what you're looking to do.
You could be the sound technician guy. Ya know, they guy who does live sound and stuff.
Quote by hippiebass
You could be the sound technician guy. Ya know, they guy who does live sound and stuff.

you mean a roadie? i dont think you go to college for that
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by stuey22
Belmont University has an amazing program for Music Business. It is tailored to just the music business and not a general business degree, which may or may not be good depending on what you're looking to do.

Like I said, I just want to open a small music shop (or shoppe). Not like a ****ing guitar center or something.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
you mean a roadie? i dont think you go to college for that

Uhm, there's a HUGE difference between roadie and sound tech.

Phail.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play