Ok so I just put brand new strings on my MIM P-bass, and on the low E string there is a terrible buzz, but only when I play it open. I suspect that it has something to do with the nut, because it stops when I push the string down on the nut. Anyone had this happen before? I need a fix to this, I want to get back to playing .
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Did you adjust your string saddle? And have you got that buzz through your amp? Like when you play through it.
It could come down to a number of things. If it is an option I would take it to a Luthier or a Repair center. Theres no way its that big of a deal, and at least in Wyoming, just about anybody would fix that for free, espically if you bought some strings from them or something. You could make a mountain out of an ant hill if you start turning your truss rod. But on your own you could do what sexothemonkee said, but still be careful.
Thanks guys, I will get it checked out tomorrow.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
^Nope
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE