Okay i hope you can see. If they were the same price, which one would you buy?

1)Epiphone Gibson Special I (herd bad reviews on it,search it up yourself, google)

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-Black-Gibson-Special-Epiphone-Electric-Guitar-W0QQAdIdZ58358376

2) White Squier strat
http://www.usededmonton.com/classified-ad/6159418

I know the strat has always been that "good for beginner guitar" , and that epiphone is just a low end ,LOWEST end epiphone guitar from what i saw on reviews...... which one would you pick?
personnally i would go with the strat
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Is this a Fender vs Gibson thread with questionable links?
I would buy neither, since both could be profoundly crappy guitars if bought over the internet unseen.
well i would take the epi and throw it out a window then id take the squire strat and take it up to a higher level and drop it, because i think it would make a better impact viewing. then id go buy something better. actually i wouldnt even buy those guitars i would just buy a good one in the first place. just my thoughts though. no insult to anyone who uses those
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
strat....never touch epi specials
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
i cant stand strats

so Teh Epi

some of them play decent

EDIT:just looked at the link

Those SUCK!!!

i though it would be a Standard

but Specials suck
Hey, a fellow Edmontonian =D.

I would take the strat.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
NEITHER.

they are both RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

the fender squier full pack goes for 280 NEW--that bitch wants 250.

and epi les paul specials are 170 NEW, that guy wants 220 for it used.

i really want to punch both of those people in the face.

not to mention both of those guitars SUCK.
definetly the strat man...definetly
All Shall Perish, ABRB, Behemoth, Belay My Last, TBDM, Born Of Osiris, Carnifex, Despised Icon, I Declare War, Impending Doom, Odious Mortem, Salt The Wound, Suicide Silence, WhiteChapel
Quote by apesquashyou
Listen To What I Said. Do Not Get Either.

Because Typing Like This Makes It Easier To Read What You're Saying.
Anyways I'd go with the strat.
just wait a little longer and get a mim strat or an ibanez.(prefferably ibanez lol)
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Quote by dk2
Because Typing Like This Makes It Easier To Read What You're Saying.
Anyways I'd go with the strat.

actually, i typed it in all caps but it came out like that.
i'd save up for something that will last you alot longer and will sound better.

(mexican strat or epi LP standard are niced sounding guitars at a cheap price, i would go for one of those or something of the like.)
I'd save up for a mexican strat or a standard les paul. But between the two, I'd go for the strat. That epiphone is ridiculously ugly.
Quote by voteforpedro36
Silly UG and it's Ibanez fanboys...

But Strat, even if they both suck.

I'm no Ibanez fanboy (with an American Strat as my main axe), just stating that the RG120 isn't the worst starting guitar. He probably won't be able to get a MIM Fender since he's going for squires and low end Epi's. He'd have to save another $150 which might not seem that much... wait, I think I contradicted myself. Screw the Ibanez, go for the MIM. Prostitute yourself for the extra money.
Neither.

I hate the way Strats look, and I hate how Les Pauls feel.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
This:

I actually would love to have one of these.

But, out of those choices I'd pick the Strat. (Personally, I'd pick different color, but yeah, the Strat)
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Last edited by Ticket48 at Jun 22, 2008,
Im glad my thoughts are confirmed. The strat IS what i'd go for. but both of them are sooo overpriced.I actually saw an epiphone LP standard for 200$ ,but my friend has it and i don't want to have the same one.....

BUT i did see an Ibanez S series and another one which i saw GREAT ratings on.200$ firm, which i would definately get if i score that job i applied for~

I still can't get over that white strat though lol. I love white guitars(hate strat bodies),i made an offer to them for 140$ and they totoally ignored me haha
Quote by howangcturtle
Im glad my thoughts are confirmed. The strat IS what i'd go for. but both of them are sooo overpriced.I actually saw an epiphone LP standard for 200$, but my friend has it and i don't want to have the same one.....

BUT i did see an Ibanez S series and another one which i saw GREAT ratings on.200$ firm, which i would definately get if i score that job i applied for~

I still can't get over that white strat though lol. I love white guitars(hate strat bodies),i made an offer to them for 140$ and they totoally ignored me haha

Thats stupid.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
Thats stupid.

For someone starting out a new electric, i'd hate to buy it and looked like i was trying to follow anyone.that might very well discourage me, greatly. that's just me...

besides i could of baugh that Ibanez S series for that 200$ . no bigs.For now im just going to keep looking and emailing until i get a good offer with a good guitar. Stick with my acoustic for a little longer i guess.

When do you guys think are people most desperate to sell their secondhand guitars,like moving seasons and all that?