Okay so I was searching thru my various guitar shop sites, and I stumbled over this guitar: B.C. Rich Virgo Celtic.

BC Rich Virgo Vintage Celtic E-Guitar
Mahogany Body, Bolt on Neck
Ebony Fretboard with Celtic Inlays
24 Jumbo Frets
2 BC Rich Humbucker Pickups
Tune o matic with String through Body
Color Black

It's imo unbelievably cheap which leads me to believe that like the other cheap B.C. Richs it might be crap.

I've read however that you can switch out stuff like the pups and make them cheap but pretty sweet guitars.

I noticed that it's what I think one of the fewer guitars made with Ebony fretboard and not Rosewood. plus it's mahogany body and not Basswood like so many of their other guitars.

I haven't been playing for that long about 5-6 months so my knowledge is fairly small on this subject. But I try to read as much as I can, aswell as surf these forums.

So can this be turned into a guitar worth investing in?

btw can any1 explain Bolt-On to me? advantages/disadvantages.

pls don't molest me for my lack of knowledge
If you want a metal-looking guitar for cheap that plays and sounds really good, get a Jackson.
BC Riches are almost entirely style over substance, imo they're horrible to play and sound mediocre
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
If you want a metal-looking guitar for cheap that plays and sounds really good, get a Jackson.
BC Riches are almost entirely style over substance, imo they're horrible to play and sound mediocre

the only Exception being the US Made mockingbirds
or most of theyre guitars that were made before 95
I am a big BC Rich nut, so here goes. If you have $400 to spend, and want a BC Rich, search the used market. It's not a bad guitar, but there are a ton of '80s and '90s NJ series that are equipped nicer for the price.
Not a hater on Jacksons, but their (not "theyre", note) necks do not feel comfortable to me. They may or may not suit you.
Cue the haters in 3..2..1..
Quote by Johnthewrench
I am a big BC Rich nut, so here goes. If you have $400 to spend, and want a BC Rich, search the used market. It's not a bad guitar, but there are a ton of '80s and '90s NJ series that are equipped nicer for the price.
Not a hater on Jacksons, but their (not "theyre", note) necks do not feel comfortable to me. They may or may not suit you.
Cue the haters in 3..2..1..

What is the point in telling him what is comfortable to you? Just tell him about B.C. Rich. If he wants a BC he'll buy one regardless of what someone says on the net.
Quote by RichieKotzen
What is the point in telling him what is comfortable to you? Just tell him about B.C. Rich. If he wants a BC he'll buy one regardless of what someone says on the net.

What is the point? The point is that the next twenty posts are going to be from people telling him not to get a BC Rich, but to buy the brand that they prefer. I think that the fundamental neck profile differences between Jacksons and BC Richs may be a tangible difference that he may want to take into consideration. Someone in an earlier post had suggested a Jackson, and I thought that my post was pertinent when considering one.