I recently read that when setting up fx pedals an octava should always be the first pedal to plug into, can't remember why. Are there any do's and don'ts on this. I am using :-

octave
overdrive
metal
flange
chorus
marshall jackhammer

Does the order that these are set up make a difference, any sugestions, info. please
Well IMO, I would put it in the order you have listed. Thats probally the best way.

You can swap the distortions and check how it sounds.
You can swap the chorus and flanger and see how it sounds.
You can put the flanger and chorus in the FX loop and see how it sounds.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Usually most people put their distortions with each other, so I personally would move the jackhammer before the flange and chorus. But that isn't what you asked: it honestly depends on the sound you are looking for. Pedal arrangement is pretty much a science, or should be so it's tough.
However, I would say that the octave pedal should go first.
Quote by B Dizzle
Usually most people put their distortions with each other, so I personally would move the jackhammer before the flange and chorus. But that isn't what you asked: it honestly depends on the sound you are looking for. Pedal arrangement is pretty much a science, or should be so it's tough.
However, I would say that the octave pedal should go first.

I thought the Jackhammer was an amp. If it is a disotrtion pedal, do what this guy says.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal