And to you pedal builders could you build a big muff copy and how much would it cost shipped to ontario? (max i would ever go would be like 110 shipped)

Does the big muff sound nice with the classic 30?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
What? Just go try one at guitar center or something.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
There are no guitar stores within 6 hours of me that have both peavey amps and electroharmonix pedals in the same store. And i assume it's not worth hauling my amp 2 and a half hours to try it with a pedal.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I don't havea big muff BUT I have my fuzz that does a ok bigmuff sound.

just wait i'll see if I can find a schem for the big muff

I could possibly do a muff fuzz for you.

I'm thinking something like 80 something + shipping
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 22, 2008,
Where are you shipping from? A big muff here is going to cost me 80 something, the max i'm thinking I would go for one of your pedals would be 110 after shipping and tax so.... say shipping is 20 bucks then after tax it would be 80 even would be the highest i would go.

Anyways if you could build one and put sound clips up prices could be negotiated a bit higher.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Why would you pay over 100 for a muff clone when the EHX reissue is 80?

And I've played both the Russian, Little, and NY muffs through a Delta Blues, which is very very similar to the Classic, and it sounds great.
Ok, i'm probably just going to pick up one of the real muffs, i was just interested in looking into what he could build, kinda the urge to support a fellow UGer if he could make a good product at a competetive price.
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by tomguitarworshi
Ok, i'm probably just going to pick up one of the real muffs, i was just interested in looking into what he could build, kinda the urge to support a fellow UGer if he could make a good product at a competetive price.

Well, Bostonrocks makes a killer fuzz, if you want to listen to his demos.
Quote by tomguitarworshi

are you from the US? if so it probably wont be anymore than like 10 bucks.

but if you want a big muff I say just buy the real thing off the internet.

but the fuzz in my sig does on okay just okay big muff sound

EDIT: I almost forgot I can do a Bigmuffish mod to it i'll get another demo up later of the one I modded
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 22, 2008,
Quote by imgooley
Why would you pay over 100 for a muff clone when the EHX reissue is 80?

And I've played both the Russian, Little, and NY muffs through a Delta Blues, which is very very similar to the Classic, and it sounds great.

Because, if sites like Gilmourish are to be believed, the reissues sound very poor in comparison to an actual vintage Big Muff. In addition, Big Muff clones commonly come in enclosures of smaller size (friendlier to pedal boards), and are often modified in ways to improve over the stock models. And sound on par with the vintage.

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/beaver.html

^I would check out this particular model, and see what their shipping policy is. You can order them pre-built. I have nothing but the utmost faith in BYOC.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
man I keep on forgetting things i can but a BC109 in my fuzz and it'll get a good gilmour sound
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Wulver
Because, if sites like Gilmourish are to be believed, the reissues sound very poor in comparison to an actual vintage Big Muff. In addition, Big Muff clones commonly come in enclosures of smaller size (friendlier to pedal boards), and are often modified in ways to improve over the stock models. And sound on par with the vintage.

http://www.buildyourownclone.com/beaver.html

^I would check out this particular model, and see what their shipping policy is. You can order them pre-built. I have nothing but the utmost faith in BYOC.

Well, I wouldn't say they are poor, but they sound a bit different. If I'm not mistaken, the vintage ones have Germanium transitors? IMO, they sound damned good.

I hear you about the size issue, though.
Quote by imgooley
Well, I wouldn't say they are poor, but they sound a bit different. If I'm not mistaken, the vintage ones have Germanium transitors? IMO, they sound damned good.

I hear you about the size issue, though.

I very much doubt germanium was used: they stopped using them in Fuzz Faces before the Big Muff even came out, and there's really no reason to go back.

But, actually, another reason to get the Large Beaver: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wy2kiZBadtk
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay