Ok...im planning on changing my guitar strings, but I don't know which gauge to get...my budget is not very high, maybe 6 dollars or less (canadian), so what kinda string should I get, for better quality sound and lower price? I was looking at ghs strings, because I had them last time, and they lasted me forever! What kind of gauges make different sounds? and how do materials affect soudn and durability (the longer lasting the better, and also the lest rust/corrosion the better by strings right now are liek black lol, which sucks) please keep it cheap! im not very high budgeted!
Thanks in advance
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!
smaller gaige gives brighter tone, while large gauge gives rich. As for strings, i can't remember what i've got, but they're 10-54 and sound damn good!

EDIT: they were heavy bronze martins (not the exact name). They sounded great, and they lasted me 6 months before i noticed a huge dip in tone. Really, go for them if you want a great sound. Sadly, they are $8 plus tax, but save a little and get a lot!
Last edited by restless_thrash at Jun 22, 2008,
yeah i mean i have DR colors and they are great i love them but they are like 12 dollars (american)
but they are medium gauge and i love them
personally what kinda soudn do you guys prefer? "richer" ones (large gauge) or brighter ones (small gauge). for me, I've been playing for a few years, and for my acoustic i just play chords....not like crazy solos or anything like that, thats what I use my electric for, so which type is better for this style of playing?
Anyone play gunbound? then add johnny93

....you must tap into: THE FORCE!
....or: THE FORCE! will leave you
....then, you will no longer have: THE FORCE!