I just got done running with my iPod and I tried to turn it off, but it's locked. The little lock sign is on and I've switched the lock button on and off several times. The middle and top reset troubleshoot thing doesn't work, what should I do?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I just got done running with my iPod and I tried to turn it off, but it's locked. The little lock sign is on and I've switched the lock button on and off several times. The middle and top reset troubleshoot thing doesn't work, what should I do?

Owned.
take it off hold
then hold down the center button and the menu button for 10 seconds

edit: didn't read the thing.
take it to an apple store. they work miracles with ipods
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Quote by tr3nt
I've switched the lock button on and off several times.

Quote by XcadeyX
take it off hold

You just don't like reading do you?

I'd take it to the Apple store, thats what I would do.

What kind is it?

EDIT No hard feelings XcadeyX... the edit button seems to be my enemy
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by crust_punk
Plug it into your computer.

Seriously. That and the reset (which doesn't seem like it would work here) solve almost all iPod problems.
http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-15563.html

"Here are a few things for you to try:

1. Connect the remote... the remote should still control the iPod (even if the iPod has the "Lock" icon in the display).

2. Connect the iPod to your computer and hope it goes into "Firewire DisK" Mode, and then restore it using the latest Firmware (of course this will erase everything on your iPod).

3. Let the battery drain completely (and let it sit for a few days). Hopefully the next time you turn it on it'll reset itself.

If none of the 3 options work for you, then you'll probably have to get your iPod serviced professionally."

Take it to an Apple store.

Good luck.
I guess thats why you aren't supposed to run with them.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by XianXiuHong
Lol

oh thats helpfull

push down menu and the center button for 10 seconds i know people already said this but theyre right it usually works
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Take your overpriced ****ty mp3 player back and buy something that didn't cost a ridiculous amount and works a whole hell of a lot better.
iPods are horrible. Mine will turn reset itself randomly. It could be in the middle of the song and BAM: I look down at it and see the Apple Logo on the screen.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
I plugged it in, then the menu and the center button reset worked but, still locked..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

do what everyone else is saying. and to Too Fast. If you have one of the larger ones your right it's not good to run with them. You can ruin the Hard Disk.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Did the music stop playing and stuff too?

That's happened to me before on my hard drive iPods. It just froze because I was shaking it while running. I just let the battery drain and it was fine.
Wait for the battery to run out, that's what I did when mine got locked.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Quote by Luizza69
Owned.

Why did you quote the TS if you're the first reply?

And to the TS, ask the iPod question thread, they know a lot more than we do.
If the plug into computer thing doesn't work, just let the battery die. Cause that forces it to turn off, and maybe when you turn it back on and it resets, the problem will be gone.
just watched i.robot

the i.pods are gonna make a revolution....by locking themselves lol, firmware refresh should solve it
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
It's a product (red) second generation nano.

I can't let it die, it will like shut off by itself in a few minutes, problem still here when I press a button. Should I just go on iTunes and click restore to factory settings?

Quote by tr3nt
I can't let it die, it will like shut off by itself in a few minutes, problem still here when I press a button. Should I just go on iTunes and click restore to factory settings?

Why haven't you done that already?

*sigh* yes do that

Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by mikko_9119
Why haven't you done that already?

*sigh* yes do that

Well.. it's my last resort, I gotta go find all my music again.

Quote by tr3nt
It's a product (red) second generation nano.

I have the same one
well back to the topic
just take it to the apple store they'll fix it for you
Plug it into iTunes, enable disk mode, go into the iPod in My Computer>ipod name>ipod_control>device and delete the _locked and the _clock

Make sure that you have show hidden files and folders enabled in the folder options too.
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
just let somebody steal it like leave it on a bench in the mall or something, then when they pick it up be like, " THAT DONT WORK MOTHA****A... TRY AGAIN! " and either drop kick or slap them in the face. but maybe theyll fix it and then the joke will be on you. or them, because their face is now all red from the epic drop kick?! honestly now idk what you should do.
most people that say iPods suck have probably never used one, hate to conform to modern trends, or are just to poor to afford one. seriously, grow up you jackasses.

and its been said many times, but plugging it into your computer should work.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
When they happens with my Zune, if I switch it on and off a couple of times it works. Also try plugging it in to the computer.
*reported*
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!