Yep, so our band is finishing up a very impressive song, and we all like it so much, none of us want to start volunteering lyrics to ruin it. Obviously, this is gonna be a problem in the long run, but we'll figure that out in the long run. For now, I've formulated a plan. I'm a big believer in chemistry and camaraderie among bandmates, and I'm also a big believer in getting laid, so I figure we can kill two birds with one stone.

My plan is to go pick up girls using the line/s "Hey, we're in a band, but we're not at all creative, you think you could help us write some lyrics?". Genius, right!? Obviously, it could all go horribly wrong and we'll end up spending the night in jail, but I think theres a chance it could work! I mean, yeah, the girls lyrics are prolly gonna suck, but there's an off chance they might be pretty good, and we can always use the basic ideas and refine them. And there's the possibility of getting laid. That's always good.

So, yeah, just wanted to share my songwriting technique. Wish me luck. I'll let you know if it works.
ts, from now on im coming to u for all my ideas on how to get laid
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
dude ive tried that, i got a really nice girlfriend out of it but we didnt end up f***ing, but hey it was a good relationship, and shes a pretty good singer, not much of a songwriter though...
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
You are the biggest faggot ever. This is a terrible idea.... but it just might work.
I like coke.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
as much fun as the one liner replies are (The facepalms were hilarious) I am actually serious about this and I want honest criticism. Here's why I think it will work.

First off, its a legitimate reason to approach girls, which is the first step. How many times a day does a girl get approached by a guy who is confident, good looking, and most of all, isn't being weird or creepy, because he has a REASON to approach her! Lets break it down.

"Hi, we're in a band" - BAM! Immediately you're value to them is through the roof. As much as we all know its not exactly true, public perception is that guys in bands are all rockstars and awesome (that second bit is totally true, though). Also, you manage to convey all this without seeming like you're bragging, because you need to get that out of the way before you continue.

"but we're not at all creative" - showing that you don't think your hot ****, and giving an actual reason for needing random girls help.

"think you could help us write some lyrics?" - now you're asking the girls to get involved, and you do it in a way that if they say no, its not gonna make you look like an idiot, and if they say yes, you can continue to connect on a personal level. Awesome!

The overall confidence and zaniness(lul) of the situation is enough to attract most girls, at least a little. And the best bit is yet to come, as we might get some nice lyrics out of the deal. I think songs are so much better when there's a story behind em, or at least you have fun when you're making them.

Also, I'd rather not get this thread locked or anything, cause as silly as the idea may sound, its totally srs bsns. So no more negative one line answers would be nice. Thanks.
Quote by Sharck
as much fun as the one liner replies are (The facepalms were hilarious) I am actually serious about this and I want honest criticism. Here's why I think it will work.

First off, its a legitimate reason to approach girls, which is the first step. How many times a day does a girl get approached by a guy who is confident, good looking, and most of all, isn't being weird or creepy, because he has a REASON to approach her! Lets break it down.

"Hi, we're in a band" - BAM! Immediately you're value to them is through the roof. As much as we all know its not exactly true, public perception is that guys in bands are all rockstars and awesome (that second bit is totally true, though). Also, you manage to convey all this without seeming like you're bragging, because you need to get that out of the way before you continue.

"but we're not at all creative" - showing that you don't think your hot ****, and giving an actual reason for needing random girls help.

"think you could help us write some lyrics?" - now you're asking the girls to get involved, and you do it in a way that if they say no, its not gonna make you look like an idiot, and if they say yes, you can continue to connect on a personal level. Awesome!

The overall confidence and zaniness(lul) of the situation is enough to attract most girls, at least a little. And the best bit is yet to come, as we might get some nice lyrics out of the deal. I think songs are so much better when there's a story behind em, or at least you have fun when you're making them.

Also, I'd rather not get this thread locked or anything, cause as silly as the idea may sound, its totally srs bsns. So no more negative one line answers would be nice. Thanks.

I still think you're a d*ck.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
jeez, it would work, but your making it all to complicated, all i had to do was play the opening riff of "Sweet Child O' Mine" to get a girlfriend
Y'know, or you could pick-up girls by actually just talking to them and having them be genuinely interested in you.

And you could play music that has meaningful lyrics as opposed to a bunch of blabber from some random girls you asked to make you lyrics because "You're in a band but aren't creative", which is the worst pick-up line EVER, by the way.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
Y'know, or you could pick-up girls by actually just talking to them and having them be genuinely interested in you.

And you could play music that has meaningful lyrics as opposed to a bunch of blabber from some random girls you asked to make you lyrics because "You're in a band but aren't creative", which is the worst pick-up line EVER, by the way.

This man knows what's up.
Quote by Sharck
Exactly what did you expect? That people who actually take the time to write intelligently and who have actually gotten laid would think your "clever" idea wasn't a turd worthy of a double flush?

Or perhaps you thought the 13 year olds would think you're some kind of a pick-up genius?

This forum is for the discussion of writing techniques, not presentation of dubious pick-up strategies.

Quote by Sharck
Yep, so our band is finishing up a very impressive song, and we all like it so much, none of us want to start volunteering lyrics to ruin it. Obviously, this is gonna be a problem in the long run, but we'll figure that out in the long run. For now, I've formulated a plan. I'm a big believer in chemistry and camaraderie among bandmates, and I'm also a big believer in getting laid, so I figure we can kill two birds with one stone.

My plan is to go pick up girls using the line/s "Hey, we're in a band, but we're not at all creative, you think you could help us write some lyrics?". Genius, right!? Obviously, it could all go horribly wrong and we'll end up spending the night in jail, but I think theres a chance it could work! I mean, yeah, the girls lyrics are prolly gonna suck, but there's an off chance they might be pretty good, and we can always use the basic ideas and refine them. And there's the possibility of getting laid. That's always good.

So, yeah, just wanted to share my songwriting technique. Wish me luck. I'll let you know if it works.
Who gives a rats ass? This isn't about writing at all. At best you'll be stealing lyrics from girls.

This isn't even worthy of discussion.

*reported*

*facepalm*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
why reported?

it's a valid question about possible methods for coming up with lyrics, granted it got off-topic.

whatever works as your muse man, go for it. I'm sure if SomeoneYouKnew had his way with Motley Crue back in the day, they never would have been around. The fairer race has always been a method for grabbing lyrics, and if nothing else you could write about the experience you had in getting/losing the girls.
Well you wanted a girl to answer your question

"Hey, we're in a band,
Oh, how lovely. I don't care.

but we're not at all creative,
That one kind of wreaks the idea of you being in a band. Really, what the ****? Seriously?

you think you could help us write some lyrics?"
Give me monies. Actually... no... you've been playing for two months and started after playing Rockband?? *hands back monies*
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Well you wanted a girl to answer your question

"Hey, we're in a band,
Oh, how lovely. I don't care.

but we're not at all creative,
That one kind of wreaks the idea of you being in a band. Really, what the ****? Seriously?

you think you could help us write some lyrics?"
Give me monies. Actually... no... you've been playing for two months and started after playing Rockband?? *hands back monies*

Vag-pwned

As a continuation of my other post..

Being in a band doesn't get you girls. Being in a good band can be appealing to them, but you do have to actually be personally appealing to them as well.

And I still think it's absolutely ridiculous that you think "not being creative" will get you poon through some sort of "humble" attitude. If you're not at all creative, why the hell would you be in music?

Of course... To be the most unoriginal sonuvabish chick maget evaaa
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

This forum is for the discussion of writing techniques, not presentation of dubious pick-up strategies.

What?!?!?

That's it, I'm out of here.

(And for the record, this is a great pick-up idea man, it worked for me and will probably work for you, just make sure you pick one thats as talented as you lol)
Hmmm... Some vastly differing opinions.

I think some of you may've gotten the basic idea wrong. The idea is not to nab chicks cause we're in a band and they'll totally go for that, the idea is to have some fun approaching girls with a legitimate reason, and maybe getting lyrics, a basic theme, or at least a good story out of the deal.

The way I see it, there's never a reason not to make friends. However, modern society has taught lots of people to go hostile as soon as a stranger wants to chat. This means we're forced to go through all sorts of awkwardness before we can cross that imaginary line.

Anyway, this has totally gotten off track. As it's a lyrics technique forum, the main point was to put forth a method for grabbing lyrics, while maybe also having the added side benefit of getting girls. The discussion was supposed to be about the lyrical side of things. Yes, the criticism about this not being a good way to get girls is duly noted, but as this isn't a pick up forum, I'm not here to ask about that, so I'll handle that on my own.

And to certain people who apparently took 'srs bsns' way too far to heart. I want to put out an invitation to sort out the ad hominem attacks by way of private messaging, as opposed to filling a thread with it. I'm not asking to engage in a war of words, but I want to sort out misconceptions you may have (well, actually you obviously have) made.

Thanks in advance =D
^You are the ONLY person I know aside from me that uses Ad Hominem.

You're funny
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Sharck
the idea is to have some fun approaching girls with a legitimate reason

*facepalm*
*runs off with monies*
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Yeah... The trouble with this is that I hardly consider asking some girl(s) to write lyrics for you as a lyrical technique.

Why not write your own lyrics? It's the non-lazy route, gives you lyrics that will actually mean something to you and will probably be at least twice as good as whatever you'll get from some girl you ask to just write you something.

It's not as though this is actually helping your chance with girls . Because if you can get any girl even interested in you by saying you're in a band and that you're not at all creative, than you can get any girl interested in you by other means. Plus, you've only been playing guitar for a few months? Last I checked, most girls are impressed by those who are good at guitar. This isn't a shot at you, but nobody is really that good at guitar after a few months. Hell, I wouldn't even bother with a band until I had a good year or two of playing experience. This whole thing seems like a big fail-fest.

EDIT:

Wait... I re-read the first post. You don't want your lyrics to ruin the song, but you're going to ask somebody who probably doesn't know a thing about writing to write them for you? Smart idea..
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Jun 23, 2008,
well bud, the issue with writing our own lyrics is that we're all complete asses. We have on other occasions, and we're in the middle of finalizing some songs with our own lyrics, but because none of us can take anything seriously, we make everything a total joke. We want a song that is actually serious, and none of us have any idea as to how we should go about doing that. So we figured, why not continue to be asses, but still maybe get lyrics.

Obviously, we're not going to copy exactly what any random girl on the street gives us word for word, instead, if we get anything good, we'll take that and work with it. If it all sucks, maybe we'll write a song about how girls don't know how to write songs.

As I said, I know we'll have to get over our fear of being serious and actually write some lyrics of our own in the near future, but until then, this seems like a fun way to get started. I think I'm gonna go out with our bassist and try this out today anyway, so I'll let you know how it went.

EDIT - I just realized a lot of people seem to have a problem with the "but we're not at all creative" bit. If so, have no fear, I'm not gonna say whatever I put verbatim, and if I was to say something like that, it'd be jokingly. I don't think anyone would honestly walk up to a girl and srs bsns stare at her and say "Hello. I Am In A Rock & Roll Band. However, I Am Not Creative. I Would Like You To Assist Me In Writing Lyrics. .....And Sex Pls"
Last edited by Sharck at Jun 23, 2008,
fair enough if you're not trying to be serious

I just figured that if it was really an impressive song you guys had written and you didn't want the lyrics to ruin it, they would be more serious than anything else.
*facepalms*

Sharck, I fail to see this threads worthiness within this forum, perhaps if this were a side room to the pit you'd feel more at home, but it's not. In short, your tip for writing lyrics is to get someone else to write them for you, yeah well done. Tell ya what, you sit there and I'll go to work and earn money, then I'll give it to you each month, how does that sound?

The above is about as likely as you striking gold with a chick. Is that ad hominem enough for you, you illiterate idiot?
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.