Our band can't think of anything that's manageable for our skill level and fits the genre we play. To give an idea of our skill level and the stuff we play, here's what we already practice and know:

About a Girl - Nirvana
Woman - Wolfmother
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Make You Feel Better - Red Hot Chili Peppers
When You Were Young - The Killers
Lake of Fire - Nirvana
Karma Police - Radiohead

Can anyone give me some suggestions for songs similar to those in genre and in difficulty? (No Teen Spirit)

Edit: Try to suggest stuff with 2 guitars
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
try making up your own stuff
i mean covers are great but your own sound is what will let you know were you are musicaly
my bands faivort cover song...................................
...............................................wait for it........................
...................wait for it..........................................
.........................SLAYER RAINING BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by sexothemonkee
try making up your own stuff
i mean covers are great but your own sound is what will let you know were you are musicaly

We've actually been working on a couple original songs. We're starting to move a little bit more in that direction, but for right now we need a couple more songs to play some upcoming gigs.

Quote by saitenslayer
my bands faivort cover song...................................
...............................................wait for it........................
...................wait for it..........................................
.........................SLAYER RAINING BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're dumb.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Better Man by Pearl Jam is a good song to learn, since you seem to like chordy stuff. Salute your Solution would be a cool song to do, provided you have a fuzz.
Quote by qotsa1998
Better Man by Pearl Jam is a good song to learn, since you seem to like chordy stuff. Salute your Solution would be a cool song to do, provided you have a fuzz.

Problem about Better Man is our singer/rhythm guitarist HATES Pearl Jam, but I absolutely love them. Every now and then I'll try to slip in a Pearl Jam song during practice without saying who it's by, but he always friggin asks!
Quote by stevenpollock
them bones- alice in chains
dead and bloated- STP
burden in my hand- soundgarden(if your singer can pull of the high vocals)
Quote by dfinch10
Do a Weezer song

We actually had Say it Ain't So in our setlist at one time but we noticed it was weird having so many songs from Rock Band. Any other Weezer songs that would be easy to do?
Quote by stevenpollock
I think Over and Out - Foo Fighters would be good, it would fit with your style (a bit more mellow than the rest but no prob.)

It's only got one guitar, but you could both play the same thing if you wanted

EDIT: oh and also
blow up the outside world - soundgarden
Tired of Sex- Weezer is an awesome Weezer song, or Everybody Get Dangerous off the new album. There of Foo Fighters stuff you can look into.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Quote by Vasser
We actually had Say it Ain't So in our setlist at one time but we noticed it was weird having so many songs from Rock Band. Any other Weezer songs that would be easy to do?

El Scorcho!
I've started learning Buddy Holly, and it is pretty easy, I think our band can play that.
Quote by stevenpollock
Buddy holly would be awesome, Playing that solo bit is hands down my favourite thing to do on guitar!
alice in chains - again
smashing pumpkins - zero
local h - bound for the floor
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thanks for that, we'll probably try Zero.
Quote by stevenpollock