Hey guys, just bought a Crate Palomino V32H with the matching cabinet, and I was wondering what your guys' thoughts on pedals were. I mostly play blues and cleaner kinda stuff which it does very nicely without pedals, but I would kinda like something that I could put in front of it to have a little more tweakability. Also, I would like to have the ability to do more modern hard rock kinda stuff, and I realize I'm prolly not going to be able to get those from the same pedals, but if you have suggestions for more high gain type pedals that would be sweet. Thanx in advance, later.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
OD.

Check ma siggeh for the others

You'll also want to invest in prehaps the MXR 10-band EQ.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have a bad monkey, but I normally just plug stright into my v32. They're nice plug in and play amps, no need for effects imo.
Quote by stratman_13
OD.

Check ma siggeh for the others

You'll also want to invest in prehaps the MXR 10-band EQ.

Bang, dead on. The OD will get that puppy to hard rock/classic metal territory and the EQ will give you tons of tweakability.

The MXR is a great eq and I highly recommend it. For an OD you really can't go wrong with a tubescreamer or a cheaper copy like a bad monkey or a green screamer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
effects are mostly crappy, but if you have to have one, a jackhammer
Id say get an MXR 10-band EQ, which will give alot of tweakability. A good od, like a TS808 or a Bad Monkey would be good for the extra dirty sounds. Or, maybe even invest in a Jekyll and Hyde, as it has both OD and Distortion, good for when you need a boost or for extra crunch if you need it.
Thanx for the suggestions, now I just need to get the money for 'em
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Quote by uvq
effects are mostly crappy, but if you have to have one, a jackhammer

WTF?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab