Well, I've been looking around for a semi-hollow for a while, I'm trying to bring my inner Alvin Lee out. I've played a crap Somethign-or-other Series by Washburn 335 copy. I've played a Peavey 335 copy that was pretty nice, but I was suspicious about it because the price was so low.

Now I've been looking around and found an Ibanez 345 copy on Ebay. It's apparently from the 70's. The headstock says Ibanez on it in a sort of cursive-looking manner on it, and it has the Gibson style crown inlay. There's an extra chicken-headed knob with three(labeled) positions, is this a Varitone thing? 22 frets, pearl split-parallelogram inlays up until the 17, gold hardware. Trans red finish.

$700 with hardcase. I'd guess around $75 shipping, as I'm in Canada. So it'll probably work out to around $800 after conversions and things.

What I'm gettign at is is this a scam or anything? Is anyone familliar with this model? Is it something that's worth $800?

Adversely, can I get any long term opinions on the Peavey JF-1 (I think that's what it was) or the Hagstrom Viking (which I won't get to play before I buy it, no Hagstrom shops in town.)?

Edit: Also, the $800 is definitely hanging uncomfortably off the edge of my budget. I'd probably have to swindle my parents for a little.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Jun 22, 2008,
What about an Epi? Ive played a normal Dot, and its not too bad. Replace the hardware/electronics, and you should have a good guitar.
Quote by qotsa1998
What about an Epi? Ive played a normal Dot, and its not too bad. Replace the hardware/electronics, and you should have a good guitar.

I've never been too sure about Epis. Do you know if they have any models with Varitones?