hi i want to know whats the best emg combo for something like metallica kill em all and ride the lightening music you know killing sound of the riffs and solos and good clean sound.....but something that sounds good with the wah to.....please help i never use emgs before...
What amp do you have?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
emg 81 and 85 are great for that kind of stuff
im using them in my guitar for metal and they sound amazing, even with my piece of **** amp
EMG 81/85, or throw a 60 in for one of those two.

But that's just me.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by b00m_
What amp do you have?

+1

Guitars used I believe were Mahogany and alder body guitars with EMG 81/60. Your better off with a good amp though.

EDIT: What's wrong with your other thread asking for pickup advice?
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Last edited by BleedDeathMetal at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
+1

Guitars used I believe were Mahogany and alder body guitars with EMG 81/60. Your better off with a good amp though.

EDIT: What's wrong with your other thread asking for pickup advice?

i was thinking over a blusa l-500xl and duncan 59´ or a emg combo for this kind of sound and the people think that the emg were better but i dont know what combo
I believe with EMG's (active) you can't roll down your volume to clean up your sound. I do this often and i wouldn't liek a set of EMG's for this exact reason so I would go for a high output passive humbucker. Heavy sounds can be made from passive pickups aswell. Many people think of what soudn they want, and they think heavy, then they think EMG's can do this which is not often the case IMO.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
I believe with EMG's (active) you can't roll down your volume to clean up your sound. I do this often and i wouldn't liek a set of EMG's for this exact reason so I would go for a high output passive humbucker. Heavy sounds can be made from passive pickups aswell. Many people think of what soudn they want, and they think heavy, then they think EMG's can do this which is not often the case IMO.

what kind of passives are talking about thats what i wanna know
Quote by diego alejandro
what kind of passives are talking about thats what i wanna know

I don't know much about pickups, but go onto Seymour Duncans website and look for high output pickups. It is a pretty good site and i think it has alot of info on each pickup including EQ output diagrams.
Quote by atr5557