I need some pick-ups for my project Rhoads. I was going to get some swineshead wathogs but I don't have the money. THEN I was going to buy some rockfields but they don't come trem spaced. So now I need some other ones.

Needs to sound good for Iron Maiden, early Metallica, Deep Purple, UFO, Racer X, Van Halen, ect...

I play through an ENGL Screamer 50.

I'd like to order them soon so I can get this guitar finished.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Seymour Duncan SH-6?
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by iron.zeppelin
EMGs

Nah my ESP has a pair, they are cool but I don't think I want them in this particular guitar.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
i've been watching you're project, can't wait to see the finished product. i noticed you said trem-spaced. im selling a seymour duncan tb-5 if you're intersted
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
bridge = dimarzio super distortion or Dimarzio Norton
neck = dimarzio PAF of Dimarzio Air Norton
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by guitargod21136
Seymour Duncan SH-6?

Haha those are awesome. have them on my ibanez ic400.

But not really 80's metal. But they are still kick ass and he should get them anyway.
Quote by mikeyElite
i've been watching you're project, can't wait to see the finished product. i noticed you said trem-spaced. im selling a seymour duncan tb-5 if you're intersted

Well thank you(I'm almost done, just need to buff and reinstall)

I was thinking about your pick-up too, I saw I yesterday. I'm still deciding though

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm trying to look at each pick-up. Keep em coming
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob
Well thank you(I'm almost done, just need to buff and reinstall)

I was thinking about your pick-up too, I saw I yesterday. I'm still deciding though

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm trying to look at each pick-up. Keep em coming

cool just let me know. i'm pretty interested in your metal muff.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Does the Neck pick-up need to be f-spaced? I can't remember.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
a PAF style pickup. either a PAF Pro or a Custom. i dont think the neck pickup should be f-spaced.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Thinkin maybe
Tone Zone and Air Norton
Breed set
or simple JB/59 combo

I'm just not sure if any of these sets are going to be "tight" enough, I like get fat low end but keeping it super tight/crisp.

I hate shopping for pick-ups, too many options...
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of wood is the guitar going to be made of?

It's Poplar.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
dimarzio.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
If you wanna go cheap the power rails from gfs sound good. There was a poster here who recorded a couple songs with them and posted them,. I can't remember who. But the notes were clear and had a lot of bark.
Dimarzio Super Distortion is probably THE 80's metal pickup. imho anyway...
As for a neck pickup the PAF PRO is always a solid choice.
Either get that combo or a couple of Dimarzio Breeds.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
The bands you listed have pretty different tones from each other, but....

Dimarzio PAF Pro
Get the true randy Rhoads pickups Dimarzio Super distortion in the bridge and the paf pro in the neck!if you want tone samples check out this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBqNC2K0Xs&feature=related

if you want a cheeper alt but is the same setup and sound for less get the guitarheads Hexbuckers its $40.00 a set This is a Set of 2 Humbucker Pickups featuring a Warmer "Vintage" Tone, but made with modern technology, and for the modern guitarist. While their tone replicates the warm feel of the Gibson PAF pickups from the late 50s, they have a roaring output of 16.4k Ohms for the Bridge position, and 8.6K Ohms on the Neck side. Each pickup also has 12 Adjustable Hex Pole Pieces, to help avoid "Dead Spots" and improve overall pickup response (the poles have a spacing of Bridge/52mm & Neck/50mm). They are driven by Anisotropic Ferrite Magnets (a High-end Ceramic), and also feature a 5 Conductor Lead (allowing you to coil tap either of these pickups, as well as any other fancy wiring you want to do with them). Set includes Height Adjustment Screws & Springs. Wiring Info for this item is available on our Wiring Page.

heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Parts-HEX-POLE-HUMBUCKER-PICKUPS-Set-of-2-ZEBRA_W0QQitemZ150260125848QQihZ005QQcategoryZ22670QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Last edited by clomon at Jun 23, 2008,
^ I'll consider those, they are a great deal.

I was going to go with the super distortion and paf pro, but the PAF pro black and yellow are both sold out(going with MF because I have a 20%-off thing they sent me).

I'm thinking I may go with the GFS for now and get a pair of swinesheads when I have the cash.

The GFS Power Rails work with a floyd, right?
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Dimarzio or Seynour Duncan. EMGs sound to modern.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
oh! it's not everyday you see a "what pickup"-thread where the TS has an awesome amp

But as someone else said: Super distorsion is the way to go
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
oh! it's not everyday you see a "what pickup"-thread where the TS has an awesome amp

But as someone else said: Super distorsion is the way to go

Well thank you
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
The Jb, Super Distortion, Tone Zone, Jackson J90/J80, and Duncan Distortion all come to mind as they are bright, high output pickups, which is perfect for hair and shred. Not to mention they were the most common choices at that time
Went with SD and PAF pro.

Thanks everyone!
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Sounds like you made up your mind but i would also check into the SD TB-11 Custom Custom as well. I have one and am very happy with it. Remember, they have a cool 30 exchange policy and as I keep saying: Call their cust serv number on their web site and talk it thru with them if your still not sure or want a second opinion.

311zoso