i've been trying to play freebird, and i'm having a lot of trouble getting the right sounds out of my guitar with my steel slide, so if ya's got any suggestions as to how to do it, input would be appreciated!
yup he used a glass slide
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Hmmm....

Freebird is not a great song to learn slide on because it is in standard tuning and doesn't use chords.

You're probably not muting properly. Are you playing with a pick? Which finger is your slide on? What kind of guitar? Is your action low? What gauge strings?

Also, you might want to get more than one slide for different tones. I have 2 steel slides, 2 brass slides, and 2 glass slides for maximum tonal capabilities (working on getting a porcelain and ceramic slide...)
ok, i've got it n my ring finger, and i use my fingers to pick, and i've got a jackson dinky, so the action is really low, but i cant afford a better guitar for sliding, and what would be a good slide song to learn?
Well, first off, either raise the action or get heavier strings. I find it difficult to play on anything lighter than 11's.

A very good song to learn on is In My Time of Dying. It's in open A, which is a good slide tuning.
Quote by imgooley
Well, first off, either raise the action or get heavier strings. I find it difficult to play on anything lighter than 11's.

A very good song to learn on is In My Time of Dying. It's in open A, which is a good slide tuning.

You sure are a zep fanboy, imgooley At any opportunity.. recommend Zep!

TS, I'ma gonna guess you're not muting right. You need to mute all the strings except the ones you're playing.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
You sure are a zep fanboy, imgooley At any opportunity.. recommend Zep!

TS, I'ma gonna guess you're not muting right. You need to mute all the strings except the ones you're playing.

More like a Black Keys fanboy. Zep is awesome, though. That song is probably the easiest slide song to learn, though.
wait a minute
did i just hear someone insult another for being a zeppelin fanboy?
if anything thats a compliment
LED ZEPPELIN RULES
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE