So I was restringing my new Ibanez S series today, and I have never restrung a FR type bridge before and had some questions(Yes I did read the FR setup guide btw):

1. What is the best way to clean my fretboard if I can only have 2 strings off at a time? I used oil on it but it was difficult and I could not do a very good job.

2. Instead of stretching my strings, can I just pull the tremolo bar so it raises the pitch, therefor stretching them for me (replace all strings, tune them, lock the nut, start yanking on tremolo bar until they are stretched)?

3. Why can I not just put a block under my bridge, then take off ALL of my strings, as opposed to 2 at a time?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
ts, both or our sigs came from the same thread i think

edit: i know im no help, but my guitar doesnt have a fr and i had no reason to be in thsi thread at all anyways, but im bored and have no life
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
hm. i dont have a fr, but i always thought you could block of the trem from moving, so you can take off all the strings. and if you need to, then ease the tension off the springs.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Quote by Skar578
hm. i dont have a fr, but i always thought you could block of the trem from moving, so you can take off all the strings. and if you need to, then ease the tension off the springs.

i heard that even if you block the trem, you still only take 2 off at a time, which made so sense to me either. I would think, if its bloacked, you can just take thema ll off, but I dont really know what Im doing
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I used to have an old Kramer that had a cracked Floyd Rose in it (Long story) and I always kept a block inside the back cavity to keep it from moving. First I put the block on the side opposite the springs (Where the Floyd would move to if you pushed down on the bar) and then I loosened the spring tension inside of it.

Anotherwords I converted the Floyd over to a hardtail by doing this. But yea blocking the Floyd doesn't hurt it but you will have to reset it once you remove the block and start using it again
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
you should really do number 3
thats what i do
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by sacamano79
So I was restringing my new Ibanez S series today, and I have never restrung a FR type bridge before and had some questions(Yes I did read the FR setup guide btw):

1. What is the best way to clean my fretboard if I can only have 2 strings off at a time? I used oil on it but it was difficult and I could not do a very good job.

2. Instead of stretching my strings, can I just pull the tremolo bar so it raises the pitch, therefor stretching them for me (replace all strings, tune them, lock the nut, start yanking on tremolo bar until they are stretched)?

3. Why can I not just put a block under my bridge, then take off ALL of my strings, as opposed to 2 at a time?

meet steve, he leaves out some stuff but im sure you know how to tune one....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwNVjNohOt4