Could I change the pickups in a guitar on my own, and can you put the old ones back in if you don't like the new ones?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
If you know how to solder
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
i will wager a good amount of money you want to put in EMG actives. i would have a professional do that. i put in a dimebucker by myself, no big deal, just took a while to figur eout where to solder, as i am no electrical genius (how the hell do you spell that? i just had a brain fart). but i helpe dmy friend put emg actives in his guitar, and it was a mess. you have to replace the output jack, and the end result was a jew-rigged output jack fastened to his plastic back plate (where it covers the pickups).
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Yeah what that guy said. I put new ones in my rg and then gave the ****ty ones away to some kid up the street so now im stuck with even ****tier sg pickups
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by gtdude114
Yeah what that guy said. I put new ones in my rg and then gave the ****ty ones away to some kid up the street so now im stuck with even ****tier sg pickups

I like the pickups in my sg 10x better then the ones that came in my ibanez, Im going to have to replace them with better pickups soon
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by party_on_wayne
i will wager a good amount of money you want to put in EMG actives. i would have a professional do that. i put in a dimebucker by myself, no big deal, just took a while to figur eout where to solder, as i am no electrical genius (how the hell do you spell that? i just had a brain fart). but i helpe dmy friend put emg actives in his guitar, and it was a mess. you have to replace the output jack, and the end result was a jew-rigged output jack fastened to his plastic back plate (where it covers the pickups).

Nope, and you would've lost some money, anyway, I wanted to put Lace Holy Grail Noiseless pickups in my Classic series 50s strat when I buy it, if the pickups suck.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Jun 23, 2008,
if you can solder and read....then you can do it
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Ok, thanks.
Quote by chip46
yeah, and there is a demo on Duncan's site and countless others on youtube. if you have not soldered before, either learn and practice on something else with similar gauge wire first until you are comfortable or just take it in.