My guitar got back from the shop, and the dude said he put something on it to moisturize the neck since it was kinda dry. What does having a dry neck do?

And what happens if the Floyd Rose isn't parallel to the body? (Sinks in to body or pops out)
dry neck just means the wood dried out a little. might weaken it a bit also, when moisterized, helps slide down it easier.

im not sure but im guessing depending on how it is positioned, it'll change the action.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
dry neck just means the wood dried out a little. might weaken it a bit also, when moisterized, helps slide down it easier.

im not sure but im guessing depending on how it is positioned, it'll change the action.

Ohhhh that makes sense. Thank you!
When the neck is "dry" he is probably referring to the fingerboard. The fingerboard is the only wooden part of an instrument that doesn't have a finish on it (Unless yours has a Maple fingerboard). Normal playing dries out the fingerboard as dirt and whatnot sticks to it. If you keep playing like this for a LONG time, the fingerboard can crack from being so "dry".

*NOTE* You don't have to moisturize it every chance you get (The frets can actually come out if you do it too much). If you play every night in a smokey club, moisturizing once a year is plenty. For everyone else, about every other year is plenty.

Whenever the Floyd Rose doens't sit parallel to the body, that means the spring tension is off for the current tuning. To correct this, simply put your guitar in tune and notice how the bridge sits in the guitar. If it is sitting too high (coming out of the body), you should tighten the screws in the back of the guitar about a quarter turn. If it is inside the guitar, you should loosen the screws about a quarter turn. After doing this re-tune your guitar and see how it sits. You may have to do this 4 or 5 times to get it right
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jun 23, 2008,