The pots and Toggle switch are gonna be the first things I want to change.

My gibson explorer is completely stock right now. I need to take it in for a set up so I thought I might as well get a few upgrades.

POTS:
Right now it has
2 volume 300K linear taper pots which don't give you much control over output.
1 Tone 500K audio taper

I know they have
300, 500 and a meg I definitely want audio tapers but how do I know which pot is the best and where to get them from?

Toggle:
The toggle slips a lot and gets fricken annoying, I think it could be a lot better. Which replacement it right for me?

Bridge:
Standard bridge, don't know if there's a better one? I like it so far. The intonation isn't too far off but the action is high and I decided I wanted it lowered which requires a full set up. I need the neck straightened and other junk. Any ideas? No Trems!

PUs:
High output junk if you ask me. I hate the things. I don't need high output for the music I play. I'm thinking 57's or duncan hot rodded. I wan't this guitar to range from classic rock to alternative. I play Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty along with other stuff from that awesome 90's early 00's era. I figure by the time I grow up and get better guitars, this is my classic rock/alternative guitar. I will get a strat for blues and country type stuff. Last I will probably get a jackson SL3 for metal and hair metal. I also was thinking a 335 on top of that for other blues/rock stuff. Suggestions for this guitar?

Maching Heads:
Standard mini grover for in-line placement. Something better?

I would like to know what the cost could be for each job separately and how much time they take incase the store charges by time. I would also like links to any suggestions on which type of hardware to get. I order from musicians friend to guitar center. If I can find it locally I'll get it there. Thanks for the help
if you didn't like the pickups why did you buy the explorer lol. one of the reason i wanted one is because of the PUs. 57 classic aren't cheap. i think their around 190 for both on ebay if you find a seller. brand new ofcourse. i heard they have a nashville bridge or something that has a superior sustain. and the pot change shouldn't cost you more then 50 bucks.
Quote by kckyle
if you didn't like the pickups why did you buy the explorer lol. one of the reason i wanted one is because of the PUs. 57 classic aren't cheap. i think their around 190 for both on ebay if you find a seller. brand new ofcourse. i heard they have a nashville bridge or something that has a superior sustain. and the pot change shouldn't cost you more then 50 bucks.

I don't like metal. I love the guitar shape, color, and price. It's an exceptional guitar for anything. It was made before metal was around and it is very comfortable and it kind of brands my individuality the best I can with a good instrument. Think of The Edge from U2.
Hey didn't I post in this same thread in gear customization?
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!