Who has one? Why do you like it? What style is it used for? My mate's dad is selling one for cheap and I'm thinking about buying it or looking at it and wondering if it's worth it.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
THATS THE AMP I'M LOOKING AT
IS IT THE HEAD OR COMBO AND WHAT PRICE?
i actually can't possibly buy it right now, but i'm wondering because i've looked into these EXTREMELY extensively and well would tell you if its a good deal
and whats up bOOm lol
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
THATS THE AMP I'M LOOKING AT
IS IT THE HEAD OR COMBO AND WHAT PRICE?
i actually can't possibly buy it right now, but i'm wondering because i've looked into these EXTREMELY extensively and well would tell you if its a good deal
and whats up bOOm lol

Well it's not up for sale but i have enquired with my friend about the amp and my mate said his dad would possibly sell it as it just sits there ontop of an orange cab. I could probably get it for aorund $900 (AUD). It would need new valves though, so I'm not sure if i can be bothered with it all. He used to gig with it all the time so it's a bit beaten up.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
900 aud= what in usd lol sorry
do you know what model it is?
its either 50 or 100 watts
eh well mostly would be just cosmetic
a tube change and its probably like brand new
also if you do get it and replace the tubes, i've heard el34's make the amp even better
but i've heard it needs a little mod on the circuits, so you'll have to have a tech do it
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
900 aud= what in usd lol sorry
do you know what model it is?
its either 50 or 100 watts
eh well mostly would be just cosmetic
a tube change and its probably like brand new
also if you do get it and replace the tubes, i've heard el34's make the amp even better
but i've heard it needs a little mod on the circuits, so you'll have to have a tech do it

USD would be around 675 i think. I don't really know where the US dollar is at. But seeing as though they go for cheap on eBay over here i could get it even cheaper. What valves do they normally have, are they 5881's? And i think it is the 100 watt version. I'm pretty sure.
Quote by atr5557
ah yeah i've seen the 4100 (100 watt version) go for 600 very consistently on ebay
yeah it normally has 5881's but i've heard the el34's give it more "balls" lol, which apparantly it lacks compared to something like a jcm 800
keep in mind the 100 watts IS A TON
i'm looking to get 100 watts though anyway
plus it will probably kick the crap out of your dsl's lol
wait why do you have a dsl combo and head?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
ah yeah i've seen the 4100 (100 watt version) go for 600 very consistently on ebay
yeah it normally has 5881's but i've heard the el34's give it more "balls" lol, which apparantly it lacks compared to something like a jcm 800
keep in mind the 100 watts IS A TON
i'm looking to get 100 watts though anyway
plus it will probably kick the crap out of your dsl's lol
wait why do you have a dsl combo and head?

Hey, don't be hangin **** on my dsl, it kicks ass. The head and combo are completely different. The combo shouldn't even be in the dsl series. What amp are you playing through at the moment?
Quote by atr5557
mg...don't push it in! lol
nah i'm looking to get a 900
it is btw, supposed to be pretty good for modern sounds, and looks like it can pull of the old sounds nicely
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
mg...don't push it in! lol
nah i'm looking to get a 900
it is btw, supposed to be pretty good for modern sounds, and looks like it can pull of the old sounds nicely

Haha, after i aske dyou what you had i looked on your profile and immediately said to myself...oh.

Hahaha. I've never really heard anythign bad said about the jcm900. But I guess right now i don't need another amp as i just got the dsl and I can get really nice sounds out of it. It's versatility amazed me. The crunch mode on the clean channel is really awesome and i can get a massive range of tones. And then the lead channel. Woah! Haha. I can't be happier, except it had a loos solder joint or something and is being fixed at the moment. I'm looking into buying a 2x12 with v30s in it for portability, for a different sound and so i can leave it at my drummers house sometimes . The avatar one. But I dunno. Any ideas?
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_
Haha, after i aske dyou what you had i looked on your profile and immediately said to myself...oh.

Hahaha. I've never really heard anythign bad said about the jcm900. But I guess right now i don't need another amp as i just got the dsl and I can get really nice sounds out of it. It's versatility amazed me. The crunch mode on the clean channel is really awesome and i can get a massive range of tones. And then the lead channel. Woah! Haha. I can't be happier, except it had a loos solder joint or something and is being fixed at the moment. I'm looking into buying a 2x12 with v30s in it for portability, for a different sound and so i can leave it at my drummers house sometimes . The avatar one. But I dunno. Any ideas?

no offense but this might have to do something with my bias
but try out the 900, it actually is somewhat similar to the dsl's in features and all that, and if you like it buy it, than sell both of the dsl's and get a second amp for like some heavy ****, a.k.a. dual rec, or something along those lines lol
but thats just me
that would be like my dream setup
it all depends on you trying the 900 and seeing how you like it compared to your dsl's
plain and simple
what music do you play?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
no offense but this might have to do something with my bias
but try out the 900, it actually is somewhat similar to the dsl's in features and all that, and if you like it buy it, than sell both of the dsl's and get a second amp for like some heavy ****, a.k.a. dual rec, or something along those lines lol
but thats just me
that would be like my dream setup
it all depends on you trying the 900 and seeing how you like it compared to your dsl's
plain and simple
what music do you play?

I wouldn't sell my head, thats rediculous. Have you tried the dsl100 or 50 out? I have a tubescreamer infront of it and it's heavy enough for me, and can get heavier. I play in a hardcore/metal kind of band with variations. We write our own stuff. I play in drop d and play a fair bit of riffing and to me the dsl100 is perfect for that, even though i haven't tried the 900 out. I just had a look on youtube and it doesn't sound like it can pull off that heavy sound that i want.

Have you tried the dsl100/50?
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_
I just had a look on youtube and it doesn't sound like it can pull off that heavy sound that i want.

All the JCM900s I've tried out were MUCH better than any JCM2000 I've ever played. The 900 actually sounded like it had the potential to sound a lot more heavier than the 2000 ever could with an OD on it and it wasn't muddy like the DSLs I've tried.

I wouldn't mind having one as it's really the only Marshall amp that's ever impressed me, but for right now I need to find me a Bogner 2x12!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by b00m_
I wouldn't sell my head, thats rediculous. Have you tried the dsl100 or 50 out? I have a tubescreamer infront of it and it's heavy enough for me, and can get heavier. I play in a hardcore/metal kind of band with variations. We write our own stuff. I play in drop d and play a fair bit of riffing and to me the dsl100 is perfect for that, even though i haven't tried the 900 out. I just had a look on youtube and it doesn't sound like it can pull off that heavy sound that i want.

eh well it depends i'm willing to bet the 900 has better cleans than it?
ah i see man if you like it you like it
i would just say try the 900, i was thinking it was more gain on its od channel than the dsl but i'm not sure
yeah i've tried the combo, which you say is different and i don't doubt that with its crap speaker and all, but i was not very impressed...sorry
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
eh well it depends i'm willing to bet the 900 has better cleans than it?
ah i see man if you like it you like it
i would just say try the 900, i was thinking it was more gain on its od channel than the dsl but i'm not sure
yeah i've tried the combo, which you say is different and i don't doubt that with its crap speaker and all, but i was not very impressed...sorry

Yeah, I will definently try the 900. The combo is completely different to the head. Combo has EL84s, whereas head has 34's. Different speakers too (1960 cab with the head). I plugged my combo into the 1960 cab and it made a big difference, but still no match to the head.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by MatrixClaw
All the JCM900s I've tried out were MUCH better than any JCM2000 I've ever played. The 900 actually sounded like it had the potential to sound a lot more heavier than the 2000 ever could with an OD on it and it wasn't muddy like the DSLs I've tried.

I wouldn't mind having one as it's really the only Marshall amp that's ever impressed me, but for right now I need to find me a Bogner 2x12!

thats exactly what i was thinking
waitt huh?
you're not impressed with a jcm 800?
whats wrong with you? lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by b00m_
Who has one? Why do you like it? What style is it used for? My mate's dad is selling one for cheap and I'm thinking about buying it or looking at it and wondering if it's worth it.

My friends brother has one. It's very aggressive, modern gain that's well suited for a lot of (you guessed it) modern rock. He uses it to play pop-punk and I know Marshalls are THE pop-punk amp anywho.
Quote by b00m_
Yeah, I will definently try the 900. The combo is completely different to the head. Combo has EL84s, whereas head has 34's. Different speakers too (1960 cab with the head). I plugged my combo into the 1960 cab and it made a big difference, but still no match to the head.

ah oh dang yeah i'm impressed from what i've seen of el34's, aren't el84's in classics? (peavey)
yeah i bet that too
why don't you sell the combo then?
hey let me know what you think, cuz i haven't tried a 900 yet and i'm MEGA interested in another opinion of one
i've asked like 5 different people that own one, as well as dozens of others who have played such as matrix claw he's replied on many of the thousands of jcm 900 threads i've made oh and btw thanks
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
ah oh dang yeah i'm impressed from what i've seen of el34's, aren't el84's in classics? (peavey)
yeah i bet that too
why don't you sell the combo then?
hey let me know what you think, cuz i haven't tried a 900 yet and i'm MEGA interested in another opinion of one
i've asked like 5 different people that own one, as well as dozens of others who have played such as matrix claw he's replied on many of the thousands of jcm 900 threads i've made oh and btw thanks

Sure, I'll tell you how it goes. You can't comment (like above) on amps you haven't even tried though. I thought you said that putting el34's in the 900 would make it sound better? You sure are confusing.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_
Sure, I'll tell you how it goes. You can't comment (like above) on amps you haven't even tried though. I thought you said that putting el34's in the 900 would make it sound better? You sure are confusing.

i'm commenting on what i've HEARD and i think i've actually stated that in most of the what i've said
yeah i've heard that from a couple of people who have done that
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
i'm commenting on what i've HEARD and i think i've actually stated that in most of the what i've said
yeah i've heard that from a couple of people who have done that

Alright. Sorry. Soon I will make some recordings of my amp. When I do i will let you know so you can have a listen. It might be a while, I don't know what to get to record with.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_
Alright. Sorry. Soon I will make some recordings of my amp. When I do i will let you know so you can have a listen. It might be a while, I don't know what to get to record with.

yeah impress me man lol can't wait
its okay too btw, its fine
yeah i can't wait to finally frigging try out a 900
i mean its been AT LEAST 2 full months of thread after thread, vid after vid, asking people who have it etc.
but it seems like the perfect amp for me
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
you're not impressed with a jcm 800?
whats wrong with you? lol

I was never able to try one at higher levels, at low levels it really didn't impress me much, I liked the 900 better, but a lot of people tell me it's an amp that needs to be cranked to sound how it's supposed to, I think if I ever got the chance I'd like it better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I was never able to try one at higher levels, at low levels it really didn't impress me much, I liked the 900 better, but a lot of people tell me it's an amp that needs to be cranked to sound how it's supposed to, I think if I ever got the chance I'd like it better.

haha sorry for my bluntness and rudeness lol
but yeah the 800 is a plain out great amp and i would gladly get one for classic rock and all that BUT
its one channel, i have to have 2, effects loop, reverb etc.
but just mainly the 2205 or 2210 800's are just like the 900, except the 900 has better cleans and not as old school od has the 800, which is exactly what i'm looking for
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Too each there own...but even the folks at the Marshall Forum's like the DSL heads more than the 900's. As a DSL owner that has really heard/used the amp (not basing on what other's have said) the DSL is fantastic! The 900 is also a fine amp...BTW!

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-amps/1331-looking-help-choosing-marshall-head.html

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-amps/763-jvm-dsl-tsl.html