Page 1 of 2
bored at home so thought i'd make a thread on this

saw a guy with 2 washburn idol guitars and two mesa stacks- musta been a loaded guy. he also had a bernie rico v? i hear they r expensive

anyways, just wonderin if u guys r rich

ill start off, just a 16 y.o student 50 aus bucks / week to spend on goin out food, so i guess my families average... saving up is a b*tch for music gear so that sucks, prob needa find a job lol
I'd have to say my family is middle class. My parents don't spoil me or my brother, though.
everyone on UG is rich by global standards.

i wouldn't say i'm 'rich'. i mean ... if you're not affected by obama's tax increase, you're not rich. that's the way i see it. though we are pretty well off.

i can pretty much guarantee i won't be making as much as an adult as my dad is. but we're different people, i'm fine with that.
#DTWD
Nope My dad owned his on buisness (did decorative concrete) and last year wasn't so hot so we're bbankrupt now. don't even own our house
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Hah I hate it when people ask me in person if im rich... i'm a modest person and its awkward.

I would say my family is upper middle class. We have a few cool cars and a fairly cool house... 5,000 sq foot. My dads got a '33 plymouth roadster and a '70 convertible corvette. But I live in the country like 5 minutes out of town in Arkansas, so everything is cheaper here. I feel fortunate though when I know we are pretty blessed.
I live in a tent

Damn Rain
SuperSpytotally sneaky
Last edited by Underoath^ at Jun 23, 2008,
no.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
My family used to be upper middle class. But, once my mom divorced my dad, our income dropped substantially, of course, but it's better than living with my dad.
(my dad is the biggest jerk on the planet).
But, we do alright, and my sisters and I all have some kind of job.
I have an expensive amp, but that's another story on how I got that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
my father owns a business and we're upper middle class
but hes a cheap ass that plays favorites, my brother is the favorite =(
My dad's an engineer at Apple.
We're middle class.

But I have a rich-ish eccentric uncle who retired early and now spends his time painting and sculpting.
I also have a rich jewish uncle.
My family aren't well-off at all. I live in a rodent-infested council house and I never have ANY money. I live, though, which is the important thing.
Ugh. My parents haven't made the best decisions and it's put us in a bit of a hellhole.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
Been all over the place actually. When I was younger, we'd struggle for food, week-by-week. A few years back my parents were doing well enough that we could afford to do pretty much whatever we wanted; trips, concerts etc etc, eat whatever/whenever. In the past year and a half nobody in my family has been able to find stable work, so we've had cars repossessed etc etc.

Times just change I suppose. I'm alive, mostly healthy and have guitars; I have no complaints.
My parents don't give me any money whatsoever except on birthdays and Christmas. Other than that, I earn every penny I make/spend.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
I earn about $500 AUD a week (only 18 y.o) but my Mum doesn't give me any money towards anything at all. I basically just sleep in my room, practice guitar in there and come and go whenever I feel pleasing. I work a fair bit and have a large circle of friends so I'm rarely ever home.

Tis good to spend some quiet time at home, though.
Lower middle class, running on ****ty comp had to sell guitar/amp/lots of stuff

But not so poor that we can't afford a house and basic stuff.

Edit: dads a custodian, moms a secretary.
Yeah, as long as I have my guitar and a nice amp (I can't play on SS practice amps, Guitar just isn't enjoyable IMO), and I eat every day, i'm fine.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm perfectly happy.
We're upper middle class, BOTH my parents are lawyers, which is nice. But we don't have the amount of money where it becomes the only important thing.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
My parents are pretty well off; my dad's an engineer and my mom is a transcriptionist, so they make a fair amount. They don't really spoil me, except during Xmas and Birthdays, which is where I've gotten most of my gear from. I have a pretty good job now too tho, and I'm a single guy so I don't have much to spend it on besides rent (I'm moved out and in college now), gear, my car, and my bike.
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
I'll just say my family is well off, but I hate the stuck up little area in which we live
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Yeah, I could see how girlfriends will take up alot of your income.

But, at least our house/vehicles are paid off for, and we have barely any bills. Just utilities, gas, and food.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
we do alright. my dad probably gets around $60,000 a year, maybe a little more. my mom probably gets around $40,000 or so, but thats only working part time.

so overall we might be getting about $100,000-120,000 a year overall. thats fairly middle class by todays standards. they hardly ever give me money outright anymore since im 20, in college, and have a job. i dont ask them for money either. if they offer, i dont refuse though.
I would say my family is middle class. My dads a sales rep and my mums a school teacher. We live in a fairly nice house and i go to a private school, but we are by no means wealthy. I work part time while going to school and make $100 - $300 a week.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
ohh yeah and my parents never say no when i want somethin... so i guess im spoilt? i alway feels bad tho, my first guitar set up (squier strat + fender 15w ss amp) was outta their pockets, but i havent regretted it as i love guitar. but i broke the ipod which my mom bought me which broke me heart haha
My parents are very rich. They completely spoil my sister and my two younger brothers. (I on the other hand prefer to work for my money). Despite the fact that we are clearly rich, my dad keeps on acting like were poor. The other day he told me that he's "struggling".
I said "What, struggling to carry your wallet?"
My parents earn quite a bit of money, but we have a mortgage so it's not like we throw cash around :P
more sig required.
not rich, but not really poor either so I'm fine with where I'm at
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
My parents are actually pretty poor. My mother stays at home and takes care of my siblings (who are both toddlers). My dad has his own business in which he builds cabinets and designs kitchens/bathrooms, but it isn't going very well. Thankfully, my grandpa is very rich and provides whatever we don't have.
Quote by goldmember1217
I swallow it whole, like a man.
My family gets along well, we live in a cool house in a good part of the city, I go to a prestigious school, I get AU$10 a week for doing nothing so my life is pretty sweet but I can't find a job anywhere, and with 10 bucks a week you can't exactly get yourself a Gibson Les Paul Standard anytime soon
Sharing three bedrooms with three other dudes in a duplex. Total sausage fest.
Page 1 of 2