Hello Pit. Tonight I've got something on my mind and I hope you can contribute to whatever you know most about it.

It's my vision. No, it's not getting worse, but my entire life I've noticed something about it and I was thinking today, "Eh, 'wonder if everybody's is like this as well.."

It goes as follows. Whenever I stare at anything at all, say just a room of some sort, I see the room as is, but it seems to me like another layer of vision is on top of the room itself. I'll elaborate, I see the room, but there also seems to be constant movement that has no colour in itself but it's noticeable, kind of like the scrambled projections on television when there is nothing being aired. It's not heavy, but I can definitely see it.

Also. When I close my eyes, I never see just black. There is a black back-drop (obviously) with coulours everywhere predominantly purple, green and hazy yellow. They are always moving about in random.. just random randomness, and there's always more colour than there is actual blackness even when there are no lights on in the room (It's how I go to sleep as well, just watching the colours till I relax and snooze off).

So Pit. What's the deal with my vision, or does everybody else experience this?
Quote by Muzikh
Hello Pit. Tonight I've got something on my mind and I hope you can contribute to whatever you know most about it.

It's my vision. No, it's not getting worse, but my entire life I've noticed something about it and I was thinking today, "Eh, 'wonder if everybody's is like this as well.."

It goes as follows. Whenever I stare at anything at all, say just a room of some sort, I see the room as is, but it seems to me like another layer of vision is on top of the room itself. I'll elaborate, I see the room, but there also seems to be constant movement that has no colour in itself but it's noticeable, kind of like the scrambled projections on television when there is nothing being aired. It's not heavy, but I can definitely see it.

Also. When I close my eyes, I never see just black. There is a black back-drop (obviously) with coulours everywhere predominantly purple, green and hazy yellow. They are always moving about in random.. just random randomness, and there's always more colour than there is actual blackness even when there are no lights on in the room (It's how I go to sleep as well, just watching the colours till I relax and snooze off).

So Pit. What's the deal with my vision, or does everybody else experience this?

I see this too. If you put pressure on your eyes while shut, you'll see a lot more.
Yeah I used to push on my eyes to get those colours. Wasn't there something in Metalocalypse about that?
Yes, pushing the sides of my eyes allows me to see huge circles of black with blue outlines, a few yellowish red lines as well. But even aside from pushing them, the colours just float about.
take your eyes off, clean them, then put them back on and see if they work
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know exactly what you mean, on both counts. My closed eyes thing goes through a set pattern as well.

Hah! Yes yes, I know exactly that. The main patten my eyes set for me when they are closed for more than a minute is something like a patchy light green circle that does a semi-spiral motion and goes into itself over and over and over again. Very fun to watch in my opinion.
Quote by deadeyedick
Well, that other layer might be particles on your eye lense, Floaters...?

Oh I know what those are, I get them after being in sunlight for a few hours, they're all red and yellow to me. The second layer of vision I'm talking about is something that's always there whether I close my eyes or not, kind of like a transparent scrambled screen. Unless though, I could be completely wrong and it could just be floaters in my eyes visible at all times.
Quote by XianXiuHong
By that other layer do you mean it's like a squiggly line and you can move your eyes and then it moves along with it and it keeps falling down?

That is awesome!

No. Not that. Everybody has that actually.
i think thats just how peoples eyes are (the closed thing that is) i just closed my eyes and say three "backdrop" colors green purple and red dunno why i didnt see blue though, but now im going to try to look past it liek the one guy said

and yes they had something on metalalcolypse when they were trying to do something ajnd toki says look i can gives myselfs blowjob then pickles goes try this and pushes his eyes against his face, i think it was when nathan had a laser pointer, wow typing that made me realize why i love dethklok
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Yes, the Floater is not what I'm talking about. A Floater is much more visible than the "screen" I'm speaking of.
also when i first saw this thread i thought yu were gunna pull a "i saw jesus in something" kind of thing but alas it wouldnt have been as funny
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by Muzikh
Oh I know what those are, I get them after being in sunlight for a few hours, they're all red and yellow to me. The second layer of vision I'm talking about is something that's always there whether I close my eyes or not, kind of like a transparent scrambled screen. Unless though, I could be completely wrong and it could just be floaters in my eyes visible at all times.

Like tons of tiny stuff is moving around infront of you if you really concentrate?
Quote by XianXiuHong
Like tons of tiny stuff is moving around infront of you if you really concentrate?

Hah. Yes, I don't even need to concentrate that much, it's blatant to me that they are floating about. like millions of tiny specks and lines only there for a split second before another one moves into it's place.
Quote by Muzikh
Hah. Yes, I don't even need to concentrate that much, it's blatant to me that they are floating about. like millions of tiny specks and lines only there for a split second before another one moves into it's place.

Holy crap. I tried just staring, and I can see what you're talking about now.

Cool.
Quote by Muzikh

Haha, it's awesome watching that, I can form the small specs into shapes XD
Quote by xjcfx
take your eyes off, clean them, then put them back on and see if they work

Ouch
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I know exactly what you mean, on both counts. My closed eyes thing goes through a set pattern as well.

Is there a scientific terminology for this?
yup i have both of those
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
DUDE...lay the **** of that Acid !
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Quote by Open fire
DUDE...lay the **** of that Acid !

Pfft.. the only drug I take is acetaminophen. I've had this vision my entire life.
Quote by Muzikh

Yeah I get that at random times too it's really weird
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Deliriumbassist
My closed eyes thing goes through a set pattern as well.

When I close my eyes if I pay attention properly it looks like a kinda chess board effect that's pink and green that swirls :S
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
When I close my eyes if I pay attention properly it looks like a kinda chess board effect that's pink and green that swirls :S

Pretty nifty!
Quote by Muzikh
Pretty nifty!

I r teh girl with teh kaleidoscope eyes
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Paquijón
I see this all the time in dark corners/ dark rooms/ when I close my eyes.

EDIT: You don't happen to have an astigmatism, do you, TS?

Is that what it's called? I'll go do some research..

EDIT: Ah! That must be it!
Last edited by Muzikh at Jun 23, 2008,