Page 1 of 4
I don't know if this'll be a good thread or not, but I think something funny would be going in and acting like one of those old guys in shows who reminisce about things and the "good old days"

Like going up to other people looking at a guitar and going on a rant.

You: Lookin at a Fender Strat eh?
Person: Yep, they're pretty cool
You: You young whipper-schnappers and yer Fender Strats, back in my day, we didn't even have Fender! We had to play banjo instead, back in a simpler time, now it's fret this, legato that, I dun understand what's so weird about guitar these days
Person: Er, ok.

Or going in, untuning all the guitars and butchering a song LoL
^^Thats not funny dude, seriously.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

taking a **** in a guitar/bass amp, or try to sell people things marketman style ( yelling and stuff )
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.
i personally find it really irritating when people steal the caps of the twist-off pickup selectors on the gibson guitars. although it would be pretty funny to do so.
I go in and play really nice electric blues on the Fender Jaguars while 14 year old kids try to play Iron Maiden.

I don't know whether you consider that fun, but it's what I do.

I get a more appreciated look from the employees, though.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I've found they get rather angry if you... cum blood in the bathrooms...
but do it for the lulz anyways
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Ya know how they have those little bench type things at guitar center near the amps to play on? go up and share it with a stranger..

better yet: use an amp next to someone really good in GC, turn it up all the way.. Butch smoke on the water, sweet child o mine, and stairway to heaven
Play Stairway to Heaven and stare right into the store owner's eyes.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
I just enjoy testing some gear I might actual buy in the near future, and not look like a total dick in the process.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
TS youre retarded
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
How about respecting the employees and others in the store? Or minding your own business? That seems like a good idea.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

three words... "Stairway to Heaven"
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
I go in; ask to play a Les Paul or a jazz box, and play along/improv. over (to) whatever is playing on the intercoms (usually its jazz). I get weird, surprised, and appreciative looks.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Jun 23, 2008,
crazy train's responses get pretty funny
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
TS gets my HATE approval.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I want to kill the assholes who mess with the tunings on guitars. I want to get a feel for how a guitar plays, not intimately get to know the tuners. Especially the ones who do it to a $3000 PRS.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
If I've learned one thing from being a musician,

It is that music shops are hallowed ground, it' never, EVER ok to **** around and be a douche in a music shop...

EVER!!

But seriously, OP = not funny...
Music shops are for appreciating music and looking at/buying awesome equipment...that is all...

So a big "F You" to those asshat emo kids who hang around all day at Allans in the city...

UGH!
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by RocknRollRay
Play Stairway to Heaven and stare right into the store owner's eyes.

haha i did this once and he just laughed and shook his head.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by XianXiuHong
I should really stop making threads

If it's any consolation, maybe next year you'll get nominated for worst thread starter.
I play along with people on the other side of the store, if I'm playing guitar and if I know the song.

Play what's coming before they do, pisses them off. They usually keep going but you know it erk's em.

Either that or crank as muh gain as I can get and drop tune til it's almost floppy and mess around with that...

Bass:
12 bar blues in F above the 12th fret confuses people, especially when I randomly transition from that to some speedthrash, and follow up by bending some squeaky pinch harmonics way up there as high as you can get them.

Of course you gotta make up for it by actually playing well, I mean c'mon.

It's also great if there's some hardcore elitist slapper there, I mean all respect to slap bass I love it & play it (sorta) but its ALL some people do. If I know the song I play along fingerstyle.. Just cause you KNOW they're thinking you're ruining it even though it sometimes sounds better...

xD I have fun in my own random stupid little ways
Quote by XianXiuHong
I don't know if this'll be a good thread or not, but I think something funny would be going in and acting like one of those old guys in shows who reminisce about things and the "good old days"

Like going up to other people looking at a guitar and going on a rant.

You: Lookin at a Fender Strat eh?
Person: Yep, they're pretty cool
You: You young whipper-schnappers and yer Fender Strats, back in my day, we didn't even have Fender! We had to play banjo instead, back in a simpler time, now it's fret this, legato that, I dun understand what's so weird about guitar these days
Person: Er, ok.

Or going in, untuning all the guitars and butchering a song LoL

fail?
Seriously, to all the stuck-ups who think that by going in there and playing blues on a jazz box you're going to instantly win the world over, after hearing it all day and every day, it bores me to tears.

What I do is I go in and play things that I see on people's t-shirts.
I play what I feel like playing be it doing well on santeria or sucking at raining blood I love it and I always think it's great fun.
turn all the settings to full on the amps so when an unsuspecting noob tests one they die
Quote by XianXiuHong
I should really stop making threads

I think you did well, there's some funny responses
Its alright to **** around in a music shop. Its peoples idea of fooling around. Taking a Jackson and plugging it into a 5 watt SS to play "East Bound and Down" is pretty funny. That 4 string guitar joke is funny too. Its little jokes like that, that will show you are funny yet not disrespectful to people. Guitarists only have one church, and that is Eric Johnson's Basement.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Playing Stairway has to be a good one...

If not I like playing various TV or game theme tunes.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Do this:
1. Find the biggest possible cabinet
2. Find a gibson les paul
3. play smoke on the water so loud that everyones ears will be ringing still next week

That'll piss off everyone for good
鋼の錬金術師
Quote by Punkismygod
Do this:
1. Find the biggest possible cabinet
2. Find a gibson les paul
3. play smoke on the water so loud that everyones ears will be ringing still next week

That'll piss off everyone for good

This
Quote by InvaderTSN
Detuning a guitar is a dick move, and I would injure you if I saw you do that in a store.

Well, I tune to different tunings and sometimes don't tune them back, but not for the purpose of ****ing with people. Just trying to check out a guitar...

I agree with you, though. I'm sure it sucks tuning 120 guitars or whatever the employees must do to maintain their stock.

Seriously, the only people who pull dick moves in any stores are immature assholes who have never had to deal the situation from the other side of the counter.
Page 1 of 4