I learned that your girlfriend will dump you for one of your guitarists in your band, if he plays awesome guitar...
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
that i can write original songs, that i can play in a band, that i can get a noise complaint from neighbors who "don't mind the sound", that I can sing, that i can sing and play at the same time, that i can solo better... the list goes on and on... i've been playing for a little over 2 years.....
Quote by metalisbest
I learned that your girlfriend will dump you for one of your guitarists in your band, if he plays awesome guitar...

ouch...sorry brah...ouch......WOW THTS EFFED UP!!!!!
Anyways i hit my one year mark recently, and since im a lazy bastard, all i have down all the way through, is fade to black(and i still F*** up the intro solo), and for whom the bell tolls, a bunch of neoclassical stuff played WAAAAAY TOOOOOO SLOW, and Crystal Mountain...minus solo
I learned you get out of guitar what you put into it. If you put a lot of time into guitar you can improve quickly. I would stay up all night last summer practicing, and made good progress imo.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jun 23, 2008,
actually, ive learned quite alot,

several chords, A-G, and a few others,

many songs,

simple man - skynyrd
cumbersome - seven mary three
free fallin' - tom petty
otherside - chili peppers
californication - chili peppers
lay down - priestess
killing in the name - RATM
bulls on parade- RATM

and bits and pieces of several other songs

then as far as theory goes:
i learned steps, and intervals, how to construct major and minor scales, how to construct major and minor pentatonics, and how to construct chords, im working right now on memorizing the intervals for the rest of the modes,

and, ive been playing since December 19th, of 2007

EDIT: seeing as my post came off really bragging, though it wasnt intended to, ill explain better, i moved in with my dad, about an hour away from where i used to live, and since i cant drive, i have nothing to do most days, except sit around and play guitar,

oh and, i took lessons for maybe 3 months when i was about 5 or 6, so thats either 9 or 10 years ago, so i assume i still held on to some of the extreme basics, which helped put me ahead.
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Last edited by Xj2252bX at Jun 23, 2008,
I learned a few songs all the way through, many parts of songs, and a lot of popular riffs from songs.
YEAH
Quote by killatm
I just want to compare my learning pace with others on this board.

It doesn't matter, stop worrying about it.

Everybody learns different things at a different speed in different ways, asking a bunch of random people what they know is worthless. All your going to get is an egually random list of songs and techniques sprinkled with a fair helping of BS. You're better of deleting this thread because it's not going to go anywhere and, more to the point, it;s not going to benefit you one bit. You'll either end up with an inflated opinion of your own abilities or you'll feel hopelessly inadequate by the end of it.

If you've got friends who jam with then by all means, ask them and if there's stuff you don't know ask them to teach you, and you can do the same for them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ive been playing 6-7 months and my best songs are probobly

Six - All that remains
My Curse - killswitch Engage
She Is Beautiful - Children Of bodom
Full ^

SOME OF ; impulse - An Endless Spradic

i need to start practicing more tbh.
well I started this year, and have since noticed that I tend to jack off with my left hand and tickle my balls with my right