Ever long after a guitar you wanted for ever, then you finally played one and you hated it passionatly?????? If so which one is it???

Dean Razorback.....but thts just me
Dean Razorback.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
PRS 513 -- Had my heart set on buying one, only problem was I HATED the neck. It sounded great, don't get me wrong, but I just don't know if I could ever have gotten used to the way it felt. But it was really a blessing in disguise and saved me a ton of cash when I realized the Schecter Hellraiser was more a fit for me.

Peace...
Tim
When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it. --- Dimebag Darrell
I've always loved the look and sound of Telecasters. Finally, after getting some confidence built up in me at Guitar Center (usually I'm really shy to play in front of people, but there were a couple people there that were absolutely awful at even the riff in Smoke On The Water, so I felt a bit better plugging in a playing softly), I tried playing a Tele and found that the neck just didn't agree with me. It sounded great, but I just couldn't get used to it, and I don't even know why really.

EDIT: Wow, I thought that was a long sentence, but... wow. Technically it's still correct grammatically, but... wow.
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.
Quote by birdman267
schmidty,
I care
Quote by GuyWhoDoesStuff
If I had an axe that could make well formed vaginas I would go out a lot less.
Quote by SickLife220

Peace...
Tim

No sir, the only person allowed to do that is Silent Deftone, and it's annoying when he does it too.

On an on topic note, the Dean Cowboy from Hell.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Gibson les paul studio.
Heavy as hell, pickups still too muddy, sustain was great but the pups pretty much killed it, plus I missed the pretty things like fretboard inlays and binding.
I'd rather have an epi les paul custom than gibson les paul studio.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
RR3...

Ya thats right I said it!!

It just didnt feel rite... It might have been the fact I sat down with it for 10 minutes at GC, or the fact I never really play anything with 22 frets, that threw me off a bit, but long story short, I took a dinky over it...

It wasnt as godly as I forsaw it 2 be...

maybe an RR24 would be a tad different....>_>*denial*
Quote by SykoDelik
RR3...

Ya thats right I said it!!

It just didnt feel rite... It might have been the fact I sat down with it for 10 minutes at GC, or the fact I never really play anything with 22 frets, that threw me off a bit, but long story short, I took a dinky over it...

It wasnt as godly as I forsaw it 2 be...

maybe an RR24 would be a tad different....>_>*denial*

I've never like the RR3 much either, the RR24 and the RR5 are where it's at. The floyd in the RR3 saps too much tone out, the extra wood in the 24 and the EMG, coupled with the neck through design make for a better guitar. The RR5 is simply a great guitar though, the fact that there's no wood cut out for a tremolo increases the tone too.

TL;DR the RR3 is the lowest of the 'high end jackson Vs"
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I hate to say it, but I dislike the necks on Strats.

I'll prolly just buckle down and get used to it, seeing as I love everything else about Strats so much.

And I actually feel like that every time I try out a guitar at first, have to spend a while getting the tone right on whatever amp you're playing it through. And so far, because of the salespeople trying to rush everything, I haven't developed the habit of playing guitars acoustically before even plugging them in. I guess learning how to audition guitars takes time too. >.<
erm for me it has to be an eastwood town and country, it looked at sounded soooo awsome but when i played it it felt like it had been made in the ELC, it just fell apart in my hands
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Really, any Ibanez.

I had an RG1570, really great, great, GREAT guitar..but the damn paper thin necks kill my hands

I love really all of there models, but the thin necks simply make them unplayable for me
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
The Les Paul.I was SOO close to buying it and ended up hating the neck.I'm still gassing for it tho.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
haha!! I coveted a Parker Fly for so long.. When I actually ordered a deluxe of the internet, the thing was just so bony and uncomfortable to play. WAAAAAAAAY too light it just seemed wrong lol.. THe best engineered guitar ever though, amazing everything!! Shame it wasnt my cup of tea, used to tree-trunk chunky guitars
- MIA SSS Fender Strat. I wanted one for ages, it such a legend. But then when I tried some out in a store, they all sounded awful to me. I realised I don't like the feel of the Strat body, I don't like Fender necks, I don't like single coils... basically the only bit it turned out I did actually like was the old-style tremolo bridge.
- Ibanez super-Strats. Pretty much the same deal, so many people use them and write great reviews of them, so I thought I'd get one and it'd be awesome... turns out the neck is the worst neck I've ever used, the big frets are utterly horrible, it's just impossible to play.
- 1959 Gibson Les Pauls. I've wanted one since I first picked up a guitar; Richie Sambora uses one during a live video from 1995, and that video was why I started playing guitar in the first place. I used to dream about owning a real '59 LP, in my head they had the best tone ever, played the best, etc. A few months back, I was lucky enough to play one in a shop here that deals in vintage guitars. It was... very average. The neck felt great, but the body felt too light even though it was solid (which is supposed to be a sign of great quality mahogany, but I prefer having a lot of weight in my bodies), and the tone I was getting was horrible, even though I was using a gorgeous old Fender amp (which I plugged my Epi into and it osunded amazing). I actually prefer my crappy 2004 Epiphone Joe Perry Les Paul to the real '59 Gibson LP.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
PRS, schecter hellraiser, there should be some sort of law making you buy carvin guitars.
music man john petrucci signature 7 string
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by Horlicks

+1

I was expecting so much more from that guitar.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Any Gibson/Epiphone double cut type body(SG , G-400 , Les Paul DC) they just arent that comfortable to play wile standing up other wise they are great for the most part.
Quote by SG Man Forever
I've never like the RR3 much either, the RR24 and the RR5 are where it's at. The floyd in the RR3 saps too much tone out, the extra wood in the 24 and the EMG, coupled with the neck through design make for a better guitar. The RR5 is simply a great guitar though, the fact that there's no wood cut out for a tremolo increases the tone too.

TL;DR the RR3 is the lowest of the 'high end jackson Vs"

*closes eyes* LALALALALALALALA im buying an RR3 today...LALALA EVIL THOUGHTS LEAVE ME.......NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!, nothing negative.....WAH!!!!!!!
SGs!

I used to love them, but sadly, they just don't feel right. I can play pretty much anything else easily and comfortably, just not SGs!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Ibanez IC400.

Not exactly my dream guitar (I have a j-custom), but I love the damn thing and found after buying one that they're not particularly great to play.

Hated the pickups - although that can be fixed - but mainly it was the neck and the overall length of the guitar. It feels really long, and I don't like having 1st fret quite so far away from me :P.

Kept it anyway though, because its rock and roll as ****.
The RR, I don't know what particular model but it was at a Guitar Center. It just felt so goddamn awful to play on, the neck was so thin I couldn't play anything. I went there to try out amps and ended up switching to an Epiphone SG, and I don't even like SG's.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Telecasters.

Thought I loved them, played one at a local shop, couldn't stand the slim neck.

Strats were the opposite though. I was sure I would hate the light body, but I have come to love the necks. Thin, yet wide. Mmmmmm.......
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I always loved the look and sound of the Les Paul, but when I got around to playing it, I didn't really like how it felt...neck was too fat. I prefer thinner necks because I did most of my learning on an Ibanez, and now I'm too comfortable with them.
Schecters looked pretty good online. Then I played one and the neck and I didn't exactly get along very well.

Kinda the same with Ibanez, except that I feel a bit more comfortable with them.
Gear:
Jackson RR3
B-52 AT-212
Roland Micro Cube
MXR 10-Band EQ
Korg Pitchblack
ISP Decimator
T.C. Electronic Nova Delay

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free. -Bill Hicks
Unfortunately, I'd have to say the RR3. It just wasn't my thang. It could be the fact that GCs guitars are horrible.
Hm. I don't like the trems on Strats. I want a hardtail. I also like thin wire frets, which most have thick. One guitar that I thought wouldn't be too great but turned out awesome was a custom shop Gibson Firebird. It felt like butter, the finish still smelled fresh. It better, it was like $3400.
Yup!

I fell in love with an American Deluxe Strat with the funny tone button on the vol pot and it had a maple tobacco sunburst.

It was terribly expensive though so I didn't touch it the first time I saw it.

I asked if I could play it one day and I was really disappointed with the way it sounded, I played it through a Line6 though if that makes any difference. And it didn't feel that great either, the neck was kind of sticky, but I don't think that would be like that after I cleaned it etc.

It was a disappointment though, especially since it looked so damn sexy!