Hey I'm 17 and I play bass in my school's showchoir. I picked up bass around a year ago and I'm fairly ok. I'm a guitar player most of the time so I'm not too familiar with bass technique and things like that. Any suggestions of things to learn before my next year in school which is 2 months to make me a good bit better? Theory, techniques, anything?
The best revenge is bettering yourself-Zacky V

311 Freak of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
yeah, take bass lessons. The only thing worse than a crappy bass player is a guitarist who thinks he's a good bassist
anything specific? i cant afford lessons right now

learn finger-style and scales first. Learn how to play within scales(outlining chords and transitions) and switch scales I am 18 and have been self-teaching for 4 years. It is possible, it just takes discipline.

oh, and learn humility, the way to do that is watch victor wooten, bill dickens, and jaco pastorious
Get better with what you can already do? 2 months isn't a great amount of time to become a "good bit better" technique wise though. If you don't know any theory, I'd suggest that. There's loads of resources easily obtainable through google on music theory.
I would have more time during the school year, i just need ideas on where to start and such.

Quote by full_ride_311
anything specific? i cant afford lessons right now
get them for free, noob. hook up with a church bassist or something. Not a church guitar player who "knows how to play a bass" but an actual bassist.