weezer just came out with a new single ""pork and beans". well ends up the chorus rift is stolin from bushes hit single "glycerine" which came out in the mid 90s. check it out and try it for your self

"Glycerine" by Bush
E|-----------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------|
G|------------5-5-5-5--7-7-7-7--3-3-3-3---|
D|-3-3-3-3--5-5-5-5--7-7-7-7--3-3-3-3--|
A|-3-3-3-3--3-3-3-3--5-5-5-5--1-1-1-1--|
E|-1-1-1-1------------------------------------|

"Pork and Beans" by Weezer
E|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-----------------77777777--99999999--55555555------|
D|--55555555--77777777--99999999--55555555------|
A|--55555555--55555555--77777777--33333333------|
E|--33333333---------------------------------------------------|
Dude, I wouldnt say that;s plausible, there are so many chord progressions that artists share. your on the ball tho,.
Last edited by deadeyedick at Jun 23, 2008,
what band hasnt stolen music... plus weezer has had more hits than bush so i think its ok for them to take one song and move the notes a litte higher... honestly i could care less im going now.. byebye
no. this is just too close man. and weezer and bush came out at the same time. they prolly just gave it some time.
can't be serious....both chord progressions are like everywhere. jeez. like they're not even identical.
There are no chord progressions that have not already been used. That's why you cannot copyright a progression.
Quote by lithiumftw
no. this is just too close man. and weezer and bush came out at the same time. they prolly just gave it some time.

yeah they stole the music and then 15 years later were like yeah let's stick our fame in their faces and steal their music. mwahahahahaha!

yeah. right.
thats funny. cuz i have like 3 different four chord songs that i wrote and havent been used. it isnt that hard.
you might also want to know then that, that part is also from what's my age again by blink 182
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
The chorus bass line is like the same as the chorus bass line for "Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects

Pork and Beans
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/w/weezer/pork_and_beans_btab.htm

Swing, Swing
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/all-american_rejects/swing_swing_ver7_btab.htm

the only difference is the tuning
not sure if its considered stealing but i just wanted to point that out
Last edited by mmmmm_bass at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by fli.pansy
you might also want to know then that, that part is also from what's my age again by blink 182
everyone knows they steal songs who cares. but weezer!
you know for sure they havent been used? dude every chord progression has been used if not, well then ALOT have been used and something as simple as four chord songs have defintely been used so...yeah. oh and by the way that say progression is used in Streetlight Manifesto's A Better Place A Better Time for the chorus except for the added D5 after the C but still. lame thread
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by The Pickle Man
There are no chord progressions that have not already been used. That's why you cannot copyright a progression.

Actually there are. Most of them are long and complex, though.
Quote by lithiumftw
thats funny. cuz i have like 3 different four chord songs that i wrote and havent been used. it isnt that hard.

I don't belive that. Just because you haven't heard them doesn't mean they don't exist.
Quote by fli.pansy

And every other Blink 182 song.
congrats.. nobody cares.. there's only so many 4 chord progressions in the genre.. get over yourself.. a real steal would be like crazytown stealing their riff for "butterfly" from the red hot chili pepper's "pretty little ditty"

chords are always used in the same progression, just different strum patterns and stuff. he didn't copy..
wow... And I thought this was going to be a serious argument... Nobody owns a chord progression, and weezer never steals... They are too nerdy...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by Tarts42
you know for sure they havent been used? dude every chord progression has been used if not, well then ALOT have been used and something as simple as four chord songs have defintely been used so...yeah. oh and by the way that say progression is used in Streetlight Manifesto's A Better Place A Better Time for the chorus except for the added D5 after the C but still. lame thread
what makes you so sure every single one has been used? your not the guitar god u dont know everything
I just realized this is in Alt&Indie. I thought it was in The Pit, or at least Modern Rock.
Quote by lithiumftw
what makes you so sure every single one has been used? your not the guitar god u dont know everything

how's about ya quit being thick headed?! A chord progression is something anyone can use even if its been done before. And other than the extremely long and complicated ones (which I'm oh so sure you've managed to write yourself) yes, tons have been used.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by lithiumftw

That's not the point. The point is the I-V-vi-IV progression has been used in hundreds (probably thousands) of songs before. This is a stupid thread.