Page 1 of 7
Is 1993 the best year in the history of mankind? After several weeks of compiling evidence, all signs point to: yes!

The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Walker, Texas Ranger, and Beavis and Butthead all debuted on television. Other TV shows, such as The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpson, Seinfeld, Baywatch, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tales from the Crypt and Saved by the Bell were all in their prime or just entering their prime.

In music, The Chronic by Dr. Dre had just been released the previous December, and Doggystyle and Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers were released that year, as was Pork Soda by Primus and Houdini by the Melvins. Not to mention gems like "Informer" by Snow were released. All in all the music scene was an excellent mix of cheese and quality.

In movies, Jurassic Park, Army of Darkness, Cool Runnings, Dazed and Confused, Falling Down, Free Willy, Leprechaun, Nightmare before Christmas, Robin Hood: Men in tights, The Sandlot, Surf Ninjas, and Wayne's World 2 were released.

As far as sports goes, the Bulls had just completed their first three-peat, and Jordan-mania was at an all time high. You guys certainly remember how completely badass Michael Jordan was in his prime?

Videogames were in their glory days. Doom was released. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past came out and rocked Super Nintendos everywhere. Starfox blew minds, and in the arcades, NBA Jam reigned supreme.

Bill Clinton had just entered office as the American president.

Pogs were being played by kids everywhere. Everyone had a snap bracelet and yo-yo.

The fashion of '93 was mind-blowingly awesome. Teal, purple, pink, and fresh colors in clothes were the norm.

All in all, 1993 A.D. is unequivocally the greatest year of mankind. We, as a species, have officially peaked.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I guess it's up there, but I wouldn't call it the GREATEST, though all of that is amazing stuff.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I believe 1998 was the best.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
well i was born in 93 so i would have to say yes

i know im young
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by metal Lover
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvete

Aarseth's murder, and Varg Vikernes' imprisonment.

Albums released in 1993:

Det Som Engang Var
Under a Funeral Moon
Pure Holocaust
Live in Leipzig
Dark Midieval Times

Pretty legendary.

And the evidence grows.

Quote by Sonicxlover

'98 was a solid year, but no match for the glory that was '93.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

Jesus wasn't a bastard, he knew his Father.

You jew. *disclaimer: This post is in no way anti semetic. Jesus was a jew as well.*

And I personally prefer 1969.
id personally liked to of lived back in the 30's-40's or 70's

you wanna live during the great depression?
Quote by LedFloyd77
id personally liked to of lived back in the 30's-40's or 70's

have*

And you're lying.

Healthcare has massively improved over the last decade, you'd hate to live in the 30s if you're used to what you have now.
Whether or not '93 was the greatest year ever, I think we can all agree that the 1990's > every other decade ever.
Quote by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

dakota fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
In 30 years you will realize that the "NEW HITLER" was created in 93 and it is not so great no more.

BTW if you did not know.

NEW HITLER or Hitler v2.1 is a super large robot capable of destruction beyond belief by his giant NAZI BEAMS! He shall take over the world some day and most of us will be killed by his insanely large oven.

That was just to fill you in.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Quote by metal Lover
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvete

Aarseth's murder, and Varg Vikernes' imprisonment.

Albums released in 1993:

Det Som Engang Var
Under a Funeral Moon
Pure Holocaust
Live in Leipzig
Dark Medieval Times

Pretty legendary.

Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Jun 23, 2008,
Quote by Sonicxlover

It certainly is up there.

1967? 1969? 1976? 1980? 1983?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Yes, I was born then, of course it's the greatest

'93 represent
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
Quote by LightGiraffe
Whether or not '93 was the greatest year ever, I think we can all agree that the 1990's > every other decade ever.

Undoubtedly. But after coming to that conclusion, looking at each individual year in the 90's made it pretty clear the '93 was the best of them all.

Here's yet another reason: '93 'til Infinty by Souls of Mischief (who would later make up most of Hieroglyphics, with Del Tha Funkee Homosapien)

Wrong, MST3k got good once mike entered.
Joel was a sop.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Wrong, MST3k got good once mike entered.
Joel was a sop.

And what year did Mike enter?

(Hint: It was 1993.)

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pogs were '93?

God I feel old.

That's what I though!

I'm sure they were later than that, they must be!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I missed out, I was only 2 at the time.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
I have '86 down as the best year.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Yes, I was born then, of course it's the greatest

Ditto! FTW!
鋼の錬金術師
oh god, i thought i was the only one that missed the fashion of early to mid 90s. its one reason i love to catch a rerun of saved by the bell.
You forgot in utero!!!

2 of the best nirvana songs, heart shaped box and rape me.

But I was only 2 in 1993 so I don't remember any of it.

Also I would say personally I think the late 1940 to 1950s would be the best. With the cool old cars and all you did as a kid was go outside and play with rocks because you couldn't afford any real toys.
Last edited by Copilot911 at Jun 23, 2008,