What are some of the more positive aspects or examples of progress made in the developing world?

Yes this homework, but I'm stumped. Help?
where do you live? my school's been out for like atleast 2 weeks now. all we have left is our final tests
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Do you need country specific examples?

If not, then talk about developing economies, how the new wealth is allowing better standards of living, better standards of health care, infrastructure, etc.
Quote by fli.pansy
where do you live? my school's been out for like atleast 2 weeks now. all we have left is our final tests

Australia, I'll take a wild guess and say you live in the US But yea, we break up at the end of this week for a 3 week holiday. Our summer holidays come...in summer, at the end of the year.

Quote by scheck006
Do you need country specific examples?

If not, then talk about developing economies, how the new wealth is allowing better standards of living, better standards of health care, infrastructure, etc.

We need to discuss one issue. "some ideas could include significant progress (economic and social), cultural diversity, sporting achievement, music, sustainable technologies, low-cost effective technologies, biodiversity, world leaders" is what the sheet says. We need to make 7 slides on powerpoint about the issue
Quote by kenan6346
Australia, I'll take a wild guess and say you live in the US But yea, we break up at the end of this week for a 3 week holiday. Our summer holidays come...in summer, at the end of the year.

lol close, but doesnt it say where i live like on the left <<<<< lol.. anyways, that sucks how u still have school, but its sick how u live in australia
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by fli.pansy
lol close, but doesnt it say where i live like on the left <<<<< lol.. anyways, that sucks how u still have school, but its sick how u live in australia

Hehe sorry, didn't see that thar . This week'll be easy, we'll get barely any work ('cept this) and I'm seeing COB tomorrow .

Quote by scheck006
I think you'd be better off researching this on google.

I think I'll end up doing that but I might as well see if the mighty Pit has any ops on the developing world
Quote by Griff_Kid
Australia went form being mostly rual to a developed industrialised country in the space of 50 years, write about that.

K

umm I need some developing countries that have had significant economic progress, can anyone think of any?
India

Specifically dubai.

50 years ago they were nothing now they have the biggest skyscraper in the world and billions of dollars in their economy.
Quote by kenan6346
K

umm I need some developing countries that have had significant economic progress, can anyone think of any?

Uhm, China, especially Hong Kong.
South Korea, that's another good one. Japan's thrived after WWII.
Thanks, I've got a bunch of countries that have had economical progress now.

Can anyone think of any countries that have had social progress?
Uhm, well as countries modernize, I'd say traditions and ancient cultures will soon cease to exist.
Quote by kenan6346
Thanks, I've got a bunch of countries that have had economical progress now.

Can anyone think of any countries that have had social progress?

The US, blacks go the ability vote.
American and canada when women got the ability to vote.

Having a black man and a female both running for president which 20 years ago wouldn't have happened.
What progress has been made? Well... a minority have become significantly wealthier due to development. Say that.
Quote by Adam_G
What progress has been made? Well... a minority have become significantly wealthier due to development. Say that.

Thats what I reckon but its not the "right answer"

Quote by Hereforthebooze
Check out political progress too.

Specifically African countries turning to democracy in the recent decades.

I put for South Africa the end of the Apartheid and turning to democracy